Okanagan Stamp Clubs in British Columbia sets 2024 show schedule

Feel free to start a specific forum on *YOUR* club. List out where you meet - and WHEN. Outline how to join, how to contact the club, the name of your journal and post entire contents of each journal if you wish - with photos! All **FREE**. Societies are the backbone of the hobby and we are delighted to support them as much as we can.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

britjag
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Okanagan Stamp Clubs in British Columbia sets 2024 show schedule

Post by britjag »

Okanagan Valley (British Columbia, Canada) postcard
Okanagan Valley (British Columbia, Canada) postcard
The three affiliated stamp clubs in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia have a new name and website and have announced the local stamp show schedule for the remainder of the year.

These are VERY modest local shows; I am NOT suggesting anyone make a special trip to the interior of B.C. For them

However, if anyone plans to come here for the warm weather, wineries, lakes, hiking, mountains or skiing anyway, I figured visitors might appreciate the FREE show schedule:

Saturday, May 25 2024, Summerland BC.

St Stephens Anglican Church
9311 Prairie Valley Road, Summerland
TIME: 10 AM to 3 PM
Shopping and trading 10 AM to 1 PM
Auction Consignments taken at 11:30 AM
Public Auction from 1 to 2 PM.

Saturday, September 21 2024 Kelowna BC,

Mission Creek Alliance Church
2091 Springfield Rd. Kelowna
TIME: 10 AM to 2 PM
Public Auction from 1 to 2 PM

Saturday, November 23 2024, Vernon BC.

The People Place
3402 27 th Ave., Vernon
TIME: 10 AM to 2 PM
Public Auction from 1 to 2 PM

More information about the clubs is at their new website: http://www.okanaganstampclubs.ca/
Collector of pre-1940 WW, soccer/football/futbol, space/sci-fi, cars/F1 and anything else shiny and cool.
Greaden

Re: Okanagan Stamp Clubs in British Columbia sets 2024 show schedule

Post by Greaden »

I vaguely recall seeing a listing for an Okanagan semi-official airmail stamp. Was there such a thing, or am I mistaken?

I ask only because I once was a passenger on an Okanagan helicopter to a remote mountain along the Skeena river.
britjag

Re: Okanagan Stamp Clubs in British Columbia sets 2024 show schedule

Post by britjag »

You are not mistaken.

Canada formerly allowed you to design your own stamps and a member of the Kelowna Stamp Club did that for several “local issues” at both domestic, U.S. and international rates.

Look under the “classifieds” section of the Kelowna Stamp Club at the link in the post above for the huge variety of “local” issues that were produced. I think some are still available if you email the creator.

Not sure how you managed to bump into them while on the Sheena River (which is north of here by quite a way), but if you come back for the Okanagan stamp shows give me a shout when you’re in town.

Cheers.
Collector of pre-1940 WW, soccer/football/futbol, space/sci-fi, cars/F1 and anything else shiny and cool.

Return to “CLUBS - This is YOUR Club space to use however you wish - please add your details!”