Post your suggested changes to the ACSC catalogues here

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

austcollect
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post your suggested changes to the ACSC catalogues here

Post by austcollect »

Moderator Comment:

There were originally 5 separate threads relating to listing suggested changes to the ACSC cataloges. This is a great idea, worthy of support.

However, some early confusion was developing and the threads were dropping down the list, so it has been decided to consolidated all suggestions into a single thread that can be more easily found by members. All the original threads have been merged into this one.

When posting items in future, please be sure to note the ACSC volume to which your comments apply.

===============================

The purpose of this topic is to list corrections, omissions, suggestions for improvement etc to ACSC Kangaroos and Early Federal Period 2004 Edition. For the next edition of the catalogue, to be assist the editor / publisher of the catalogue. Suggestions made previously also can be consolidated / summarised in this topic.

I will start with a few suggestions, some made previously in other posts.

1. List prices for used blocks of 4.

2. List prices for mint blocks of 4.

3. Images in colour.

4. Listing new variety for kangaroo 4d orange. Colour flaw off WA coast "Dirk Hartog Island flaw".

5. Listing new variety for kangaroo 4d orange. Colour flaw above "IA".

6. Page 2/16 kangaroo 1/2d plate varieties. No image for 1l "Bite" out of upper side tip of kangaroos tail. I can provide image if required.

7. Page 2/23 kangaroo 1d Die I plate varieties electro B. Images labelled 2(A)j and 2(A)k should be 2(B)j and 2(B)k.

8. Page 2/24 kangaroo 1d Die I electro C. Image labelled 2(C)m should be 2(C)n. No image for 2(C)m White flaw below Victoria. I can provide image if required.

9. Page 2/33 kangaroo 1d Die IIA electro H. Image labelled 4(H)e should be 4(H)f. 4(H)f should be 4(H)g. 4(G)g should be 4(H)e. 4(G)h should be 4(H)h.
Kainnikanada
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: ACSC Kangaroos and Early Federal - Review - corrections etc

Post by Kainnikanada »

10. I'm not a frequent user of the catalogue - preferring to use the checklists and published plate studies instead. But...when I do use it, I am often flipping back and forth between the printing information and the accompanying plate flaw illustrations trying to determine plate position.

The pages are quickly wearing out. In addition to having the flaw illustrated by printing e.g. 8e, 8f etc. could they not also attach the known plated position after the catalogue number i.e. 8e (L10) below the illustration?

I guess most collectors are happy with the ACSC number - actual plate position is irrelevant?

11. A current thread discusses the 2 1/2d (2L31) thickened UR outer frameline. The ACSC only depicts this retouch but neglects to mention the disturbed/retouched area below the 'IA' of 'AUSTRALIA', the thick coastline and the scratch/crack/retouch below the value circle.

All of these flaws are quite obvious. These are good candidates for inclusion if an update is contemplated.
The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Re: ACSC Kangaroos and Early Federal - List of suggested changes

Post by The Pom »

A thought that sprang to mind....

Is this a thread that the catalogue editors are aware of/have sanctioned, or is it a thread you plan to point out to them later in the hope that they will take some of the advice on board?

This will affect how much effort people are prepared to put into the thread.
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

A great thread, and one that editor Geoff Kellow will appreciate I am sure.

Lots of bugs and errors creep in, and only when collectors and dealers take the time to clearly point them out and amend them, can the Catalogues improve.
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!
Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

I'll probably see him next Saturday at Philas, so if the list can be ready by then (with colour scans of the new flaws if possible), I'd be happy to give him a copy of it.

Of course, the contributors would all be listed as well.
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"
austcollect

ACSC King George V - List of suggested changes

Post by austcollect »

The purpose of this topic is to list corrections, omissions, suggestions for improvement etc to ACSC King George V 2007 Edition. For the next edition of the catalogue, to be assist the editor / publisher of the catalogue. Suggestions made previously also can be consolidated / summarised in this topic.

Please number suggestions sequentially for easier reference. Please include link to suggestions made previously in other posts.

I will start with a few suggestions, some possibly made in other posts.

1. Page 3/6 1d engraved Plate 1. 59(1)z Plate No.1/imprint block of 8 (top of sheet) with variety f should be with variety f,g,h,i. 59(1)zb Imprint block of 8 - left side with variety t should be with variety p and t.

2. Page 4/67 1d red Plate 1. 71(1)fa Die II in pair with Die I. Price for used is $20. The price for a used Die I-II pair should be higher than 2x the price for a single used Die II of $10. Used Die I-II pairs sell around $50 on ebay and retail around $100 from dealers.

3. Page 4/69 1d red Plate 4. zj and zk Harrison imprints list prices mint (*) but not MUH (**), compare to other monogram and imprint listing for plate 3 and 4 are both mint and MUH.

4. Page 4/58 1d red plate 2 (pane IV) varieties. The images for 71,72(2)ia and ja are the same. Both images show substituted cliché Die II. The second image ja should show substitutes cliché Die I.

5. Page 4/256 4d orange Plate 1. 110(1)m break in upper right frame and white spot over "FO" of "FOUR" 1R58. Should be 2R58.
wolseley16/60
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Re: ACSC King George V - List of suggested changes

Post by wolseley16/60 »

hi, i know this isn't a suggestion, but when is the next ACSC catalogue due out ?
austcollect

Post by austcollect »

Kainnikanada: Can your suggestions be numbered 10 and 11.
Suggestion 10 - I agree having the plate position after the catalogue number for flaw images i.e. 8e (L10) is a good idea.

The Pom: I have not contacted Geoff Kellow yet, I will email him with a link to the thread, and get his feedback.

Lakatoi 4: Thanks for the offer to speak to Geoff next Saturday. I doubt the list of suggestions will be 'complete' by then. I see the list as a work in progress. I have a large number of suggestions to add when I get the time.

Some more suggestions:

12. Page 2/49, 2/55, 2/57 3d, 4d, 5d kangaroo. In notes on Plates Used states (there are no interpane lines on Plate 1). I think this is incorrect, I have never seen any 1st wmk 3d, 4d, or 5d with no interpane lines. See some examples in Arthur Gray auction catalogue of 3d and 4d plate 1 with interpane lines.

13. Page 2/53 3d kangaroo 3rd wmk. 13zd ze zf zg JBC monogram. The plate 1 varieties d and e are listed and priced for zf and zg, should be for zd and ze.
reddog
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Re: ACSC Kangaroos and Early Federal - List of suggested cha

Post by reddog »

Here are a couple.

14. V120 aa can now be listed mint. I found this variety last year and it sold at the recent Prestige auction for $3400.

15. I also discovered the 5 d brown as V91 but line perf 12.4. No catalogue number exists for this stamp as yet and Prestige are in the process of getting a certificate from RPSV. I had it in the Prestige auction as well but it didn't sell, maybe due to it not yet being recognised with catalogue status. I told Geoff Kellow about it earlier this year and he agreed that there was no reason for it not to exist, just no one had seen it.

Here's a scan.

Mark.
The Pom

Post by The Pom »

6. Listing confusion on the 1/- Lyre Bird:

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12401
DJM

Post by DJM »

16. My suggestion is to seperate the two !

All I really use is the Kangaroo part & would be happier for a cheaper kangaroo only book !

:)
pandadog28
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by pandadog28 »

DJM,

Talk about stealing my thunder, a top suggestion.

I like the one about the blocks and the Dirk Hartog Island flaw, although i think colour is unneccesary.
Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

MOD HAT ON

I've added numbers to the great suggestions above so that they are sequential.

Any further suggestions, would members please number them in order. That way we keep a nice list going.

MOD HAT OFF
Tony
DJM

Post by DJM »

17) I'd like to see all the books in colour - makes finding the miniscule colour flaws easier. Also I'd like to see ALL the stamps from Colonial listed, not just a select few - makes the colonial part seem a bit of a waste.
Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Remember that the only States stamps listed are those from 1901 until 1912 (i.e. until the first Australian stamp issue in 1913).

It was never intended that this catalogue should cover pre-Federation States issues.
Tony
wolseley16/60

Post by wolseley16/60 »

wolseley16/60 wrote:hi, i know this isn't a suggestion, but when is the next KGV ACSC catalogue due out ?
DJM

Post by DJM »

Remember that the only States stamps listed are those from 1901 until 1912 (i.e. until the first Australian stamp issue in 1913).
Hi Tony,

I'm just saying it would be more useful if it did !!

:D
starling

Post by starling »

My suggested change is a bit more fundamental, print it in colour!

Plus it would be useful to have colour pictures of all the 1d 'red' shades all together on a page or on a couple of pages.

Scott
Please visit my on-line store - http://www.scottstarling.com.au
-
Greg Ioannou

Post by Greg Ioannou »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:Remember that the only States stamps listed are those from 1901 until 1912 (i.e. until the first Australian stamp issue in 1913).

It was never intended that this catalogue should cover pre-Federation States issues.
I've hung on to the old 1990 pages precisely because they DO cover the pre-Federation states issues (albeit skimpily).

Greg
mobbor

Post by mobbor »

Useful idea. Many errors & omissions have been pointed out on Stampboards already & in many cases I believe these have already been brought to the editor's attention.

One issue that appeared recently related to the different settings of the imprints. These listings are by no means complete.

In relation to 1d red shades- these are in fact 'shade groups'. Some can be illustrated by a single shade, but most can not.

To quote from Beech re G28; "There is a very wide range of pink shades, including some that are aniline. They vary in daylight appearance from orange pink to pink lilac, with intermediate shades of rose pink, pink and pink lilac. There are dull, bright, deep & pale shades..."

So Starling, which one are you going to illustrate. He goes on to state in effect that this group cannot be identified from it's colour, but only by it's uv reaction.
mobbor
clemo

Post by clemo »

...and should proof readers be required for a new issue of the KGV I willingly offer my services.
Pod

Post by Pod »

We also had the "Weeping Roo" thread...should be some inclusions from here...

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14281&p=628523&hilit=weeping+roo#p628523

Matt
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Geoff Kellow is very busy, and I suspect he has no clairvoyancy powers. 8)

Many of the flaws highlighted do have good scans existing of them, from the original threads.

I'd ask members posting here any suggested new flaws, to add the applicable scan here as well as the relevant thread link please to make his job far simpler.

So far we have only two images in this entire thread. :shock:
DJM

ACSC Decimals I - List of suggested changes

Post by DJM »

1) Put the index BEFORE the Introduction and not after ! Several times I 've thought about ripping out the introduction part (30 or 40 pages worth) so that I don't have to go searching for the index all the time.

:(
Pod

Post by Pod »

18. Weeping roos...here is the thread; and scans of the images I put up on the small-multi watermark 2 pound example.

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14281&p=628523&hilit=weeping+roo#p628523

Images - Front and Rear...hopefully nice and clear.

Cheers - Matt
pandadog28

Post by pandadog28 »

19. 2 pound Small multiple watermark, 'scratch through kangaroos back', states clearly in the ACSC that this is only found on c of a watermark.

"Inactive image Link deleted by Moderator"
Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Guys,

For the second time can I ask all contributors to put in a sequential number for each of the proposed listings as it makes life easier for everyone :!:

I've just edited the above to add the 18. and 19. numbers.

Thanks,
Tony
AndrewWalker

Post by AndrewWalker »

DJM wrote:
Hi Tony,

I'm just saying it would be more useful if it did !!

:D
Problem is, to cover it in that level of detail would require one (or several!) books
for each state. I don't think Geoff is going to do that, it would need for each state someone
with a deep level of knowledge and the time/motivation to complete it. That's why
there's so few recent publications that cover a whole state, most end up being
restricted to a narrow field or time span.

I sent Geoff a few of Qld corrections several years back which he was going to include,
if someone sees him I bet he already has a *very* long list of changes + updates as
a lot of people have looked at this very closely since it first came out!

Andrew
stampchris
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Re: ACSC Decimals I - List of sugg

Post by stampchris »

DJM,
Are you posting similar messages for all three Decimal volumes?
Chris
Chris de Haer - Author of 'A Closer Look at Modern Australian Stamps' in Stamp News Australia.Online Shop Latest news on my blog
GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!

Re: ACSC Decimals I - List of suggested changes

Post by GUTTERS »

Prices for gutter strips
All 3 volumes
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014
DJM

Post by DJM »

DJM,
Chris
Hi All,

I only have the first Decimals book so I don't know the format of the others. Other people who have the other two decimals books are welcome to set up seperate threads for them.
Didge

Post by Didge »

DJM,

Totally agree. It is annoying when you are looking for the index on Decimals 1. It is not the same on 2 and 3.

Tim
stampchris

ACSC Decimals II - List of suggested changes

Post by stampchris »

Following DJM's discussion on ACSC Decimals I, I have taken up his invitation to start a topic for changes to Decimals II.

I have a few, which I will post when I have time later this week.

Chris
Chris de Haer - Author of 'A Closer Look at Modern Australian Stamps' in Stamp News Australia.Online Shop Latest news on my blog
stampchris

ACSC Decimals III - List of suggested changes

Post by stampchris »

Following DJM's discussion on ACSC Decimals I, I have taken up his invitation to start a topic for changes to Decimals III.

I have a few, which I will post when I have time later this week.

Chris
stampchris

Re: ACSC Decimals I - List of sugg

Post by stampchris »

DJM wrote:
DJM,
Chris
Hi All,

I only have the first Decimals book so I don't know the format of the others. Other people who have the other two decimals books are welcome to set up seperate threads for them.
Thanks DJM - I have started two topics on Decimals II and III at:
http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18656 (Decimals II)
http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18657 (Decimals III)

Chris
Kainnikanada

Post by Kainnikanada »

Not sure if this topic is still active.

20. Correction to the listing for the so-called 2/-, 3rd watermark, 'dog-leg' flaw (37h). Need to add
(37ha) and delete references to 38,39 & 40h.
- I have two NWPI overprinted copies, one normal watermark (SG 97) and one inverted (SG 97w)
with a partial retouch to the flaw. See attached scans.

Consequently 38h, 39h and 40h can not exist in the original, unretouched state. They must have been retouched.

----------

Original 'dog-leg' flaw

----------

SG 97 normal 3rd watermark
Partial Retouch

----------

SG 97w inverted 3rd watermark
Partial Retouch

----------
Time to quit. Was told what I should collect.
Tinshed
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Serious pricing error in BW ACSC KGV (2007)

Post by Tinshed »

Regarding the KGV ACSC

Since purchasing this rather excellent book, I have become aware of a few errors worthy of an errata, but none more so than the error of pricing of the used 1d red die II punctured OS.

Were it not for the FACT that four of the six price lists I was able to locate on the web, have repeated this error, I would not be worried about it. The prices and links are at the end of this plea for correction.

This glaringly obvious error, and the other two price lists providers have realised that it is an error (otherwise they wouldn't price it as they have), needs to be addressed by Brusden White in a way that ensures that prices are returned to normal.

Failing to do so in any other field of endeavour would surely be greeted with the appropriate criticism and call for a correction, and I am at a loss as to why this has not been corrected through an erratum, or some other means.

As for the dealers who are taking advantage of this error, shame, shame, shame.

Page 4/67 of Brusden White's The Australian Commonwealth Specialists' Catalogue/King George V 2007 (ISBN 0 9775918 0 8 ) states:

'......................................**........*............U.......Cover
71(1)
f. Die II.........................$1000....$600........10.00.....$150
fa. - in pair with Die I.......$1200....$750........20.00.....$500
fb. Die II punctured OS.....$1500....$750.....$100.........$500
fc. - in pair with Die I.......$1750....$900.....$150.........$750'

Page 4/78 states:

'......................................**........*............U.......Cover
72(1)
f. Die II.........................$1250....$750..........30.00.....$200
fa. - in pair with Die I.......$1500...$1000.......$100........$600
fb. Die II punctured OS......$750.....$500.........30.00.....$300
fc. - in pair with Die I.........$850....$600......$100.........$750'

Why would the rough paper be CHEAPER as a Die II OS when a rough paper die II non-OS is $10 dearer than the smooth paper?

Answer: It isn't. The book is wrong.

Page 4/67 SHOULD read - in my view:

......................................**........*............U.......Cover
71(1)
f. Die II.........................$1000....$600........10.00....$150
fa. - in pair with Die I.......$1200....$750.....$100........$500
fb. Die II punctured OS.....$1500....$750........20.00....$200
fc. - in pair with Die I.......$1750....$900.....$150........$750

If you don't think I'm right, then sell me your die I and II smooth paper pairs for $20 8)

All that has happened is a simple transposition of $100 and $20.00.

For the cover, the rough paper price is 10 times, so a rough die II on cover is $300, whilst a rough paper die 2 is $30.

The smooth paper cover price should be based on the same formula, so $20 becomes $200. The $500 is a typing error, and should also be fixed.

Here are prices from the six price lists located on the web:

http://www.stampsaustralia.com.au/Online_stamps_shop/query/A ... _OS_Issues

KGV Perf OS Issues
..................................Mint..........Used
1d Carmine-Red Die I.....$15.00.........$1.00
1d Carmine-Red Die II....$650.00......$100.00

http://www.gabrieles.com.au/acrobat/rooskgv.pdf

OS
.............................................Avg Mint.....Fine Used
1d Carmine Red die I ...................30.00...........12.00
1d Carmine Red die II ............... 450.00..........110.00

http://www.stampdealeroz.com/stamplisting.pdf

OS
...........................M/H..........FU
1d Red Die 1 ..... ....17.00... ...1.00
1d Red Die 2 ...... $650..........90.00

http://www.robinlinke.com.au/pdf/50th_ed_Pre_Decimals.pdf

OS
.....................MLH............FU
1d red Die I........20..............2
1d red Die II.........?.............90

But at these sites:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pittwaterstamps/page7.html

KGV HEADS PERF. OS SINGLE CROWN WMK
............................................................FU
1d Carmine/Red Die I...............................0.75
1d Carmine/Red Die 2(Formerly SG O40).....20.00

http://www.shieldsstamps.com.au/lists/Australia2009.pdf

OS
..............................MLH............FU
1d Red Die 2..............POR..........32.00
1d Red Die 2 (rough)...POR..........30.00

It is not a matter of shop around. The catalogue is wrong, and certain dealers are charging accordingly. This is plainly wrong, even unscrupulous if done so fully aware of the obvious discrepancy between BW V71 and V72, and how could Australian dealers not be aware?

So dealers, and Brusden White, come to the party and bring an end to this rip-off.

David
ozstamps
PLATINUM Shooting Star *10,000* Posts!
PLATINUM Shooting Star  *10,000* Posts!

Re: Serious pricing error in BW ACSC KGV (2007)

Post by ozstamps »

An update to KGV book is quite a while away, so adding notes on any discrepancies is handy for editor Geoff Kellow to reference, if others should turn up.

In 100s of pages of detailed listings some typos do occur.

He reads stampboards, and if we keep all suggestions in 1 place - here - it does assist him for next edition.

Indeed at one point BW were going to have Geoff sign up here, and field such questions in person.

Glen
Tinshed

Re: Serious pricing error in BW ACSC KGV (2007)

Post by Tinshed »

Excellent Glen, I was thinking similarly but I didn't want this issue to get buried in other more technical issues.

I really don't think that this particular matter is one for a next edition. Die II pricing is already disproportionately high (when compared to shorter-lived flaws for example), and adding this error into the mix doesn't help.

cheers
David
Tinshed

Post by Tinshed »

The following errors in the 1d red section of the catalogue (aside from the $100 used die 2 OS price!)

In the tables that commence on page 4/71:

(3)d LR frame (5/30) appears only on page 71 and is then absent from all remaining tables, including rough paper. As best as I can make out, this flaw appears for the first time in G21 (March 1917) and is probably also seen as from G62.

(4)m "NY" joined (8/25) is not priced in the tables at all (cf. 4/75) although footnote 10 does provide the shades in which it is to be found.

The G32 group is shown as only being printed left plate (4/74). The left plate printings are the scarcer of the printings. Right plate prices should be less than these, perhaps as for BW 71X's right plate pricing.

cheers
DJM

Post by DJM »

for some of the minor/harder to see varieties maybe a picture of the flaw with a normal one next to it for comparison.

some of the flaws are really hard to see unless there someone tells you where it is.

D.
The Pom

Post by The Pom »

DJM wrote:for some of the minor/harder to see varieties maybe a picture of the flaw with a normal one next to it for comparison.

some of the flaws are really hard to see unless there someone tells you where it is.

D.
I'll second that. The old editions with hand drawn illustrations of the flaw were often better in this respect.

Also, some flaws which aren't even illustrated have descriptions which are vague in the extreme. Here's an example:

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17093
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.
jrg

Post by jrg »

I would like to see "Punctured OS" with consistent numbering throughout, because it is the same "variety" regardless of denomination.

A quick look through the first few KGV numbers shows "punctured OS" listed as
63ba
64b
65ba
66ba
67ba
68ba
71bb
72bb
73b
74b
etc

The same goes for other varieties which occur across denominations, like "double perforation" and "dry ink". Give them all a suffix common across the whole range.
John

Looking for used pre-decimal OS/NSW and G/NSW state perfins, and NWPI KGV overprints.
Tinshed

Post by Tinshed »

1d red flaws

Without going to the fly-specks level, I think a more comprehensive treatment of flaws in the 1d reds wouldn't go astray. This should include some of the late flaws, such as 4/47, and 8/15, the obvious, such as 6/40 notched corner, and should include at least a few more from plate 1. Panes 1 and 2 are poorly represented if the 11 die IIs are disregarded.

The Run N first state illustration does not agree with the BSAP checklist, nor Monk's checklist. The first state appears to be a second state, or midway between.

Whilst the pre-substituted and substituted cliches rank a mention when in pairs, as are pairs of Die I and II (smooth paper going cheap at $20), important USED pairs such as:

iii 23/29
iv 40/41
iv 40/46
iv 34/40
iv 35/41
v 30/31
vi 21/22
vii 1/7
vii 31/32
vii 31/37 (and in a block of 4 vii 31/32/37/38)
viii 13/14
viii 14/15
viii 54/60

Pairs such as these are prized. Being used increases their authenticity.
woodster

Post by woodster »

Another improvement in the introduction section on page "xi" could be to remove
reference to the first person noted in the acknowledgement section.
OttawaMike
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Re: Post your suggested changes to the ACSC catalogues here

Post by OttawaMike »

Mod Hat On

All threads relating to suggested changes to the ACSC catalogues have been merged at this point. Please note the moderator comment added to the first post.

Mod Hat Off
Tinshed

Post by Tinshed »

Hello Mobbor,

What do you think about pricing for the pairs I've listed? Or at least a formula for pricing, e.g. value of individual stamps plus n%?
mobbor

Post by mobbor »

Tinshed

Well maybe a formula, perhaps like they have for stamps on cover. But it is mostly appropriate for used.

With mint examples, the main factor is whether philatelists knew about it at the time. Mint blocks in 1d greens & 1 ½d reds esp. with multiple flaws are really common because they were known about & actively sought after at P.O.'s.

Contrast that with the mint price (I know these are singles, but I think the principle applies) of 1d red die 2's or the rusted & substituted cliches which were not known about.
mobbor
mobbor

Post by mobbor »

I'm an idiot. Of course the red die 2's & rusted & substituted cliches can be collected in multiples.

BW p.4/70: a block of 6 also including thin G & dot on Y, & a 2nd block not including the associated varieties valued at $125,000. Point enhanced?
mobbor
Tinshed

Post by Tinshed »

ACSC BW 2007 KGV.

Roo's Tongue Out (8/56) is not priced for BW 71H (G17½). This apparently occurred late 1915.

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”