WANTED: Australia International Post Stamps ON COVER

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

ephilatelics
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Re: WANTED: Australia International Post Stamps ON COVER

Post by ephilatelics »

Mal,

You've done it again! Another clean batch.

I have most of those, except for a minisheet on cover, so dealers choice for one of them please. I would also like the top cover for its postal interest as well, thank you.

Someone else may be interested in some of the other items within this lot?

FYI. In order to use a minisheet for postage, the whole sheet must be attached. Contrived, I know (sometimes hard to justify the rate:-), but acceptable if used in the correct usage period. See my collecting rules (rule 7 may apply here):

ephilatelics wrote: 13 Jan 2019 12:22 Hi all,

Now to open a big can of worms :lol:

When making a decision as to whether a cover is commercial or not, well, that question is a contentious one, often with as many varied answers as there are cover combinations.

To me, as a ‘stamps on commercial mail cover collector’, commercial covers are usually envelopes, parcels, boxes, tins, crates, tubes or wrappers etc., that are used to enclose or identify a mail article, that has attached to it authorised, and cancelled, postage stamps, to pay for its safe delivery. The mail article is then couriered, sailed, flown, zeppelined, ballooned, shipped, canoed, cameled, etc., through an authorised postal system to safely arrive at its final destination (hopefully, however wreck mail is also a thing).

Now, as to the collectability or otherwise of a commercial mail cover as to when the mail articles were sent through this authorised postal system, there arises the much debated issue of “correct in-period usage” of the postage stamps attached.

What does this refer to? It simply means that the stamps being used on the article being mailed are the correct ones for the date that the mail article is being sent.

To help me to determine when to apply a usage period cut-off to my covers, I have developed 8 rules I follow as best I can when collecting covers :

1. As determined by the authority, and in Australia’s case that’s Australia Post (AusPost) i.e. FDI withdrawal date, or postmarking period for commemorative issues such as occasional events like the Olympic issues, or a conference issue and the likes;

2. Period usage date deadlines i.e. Christmas Issues;

3. When a series issue is replaced by the next in the series i.e. when Series 1 is replaced by Series 2 and so on;

4. When a series (as above) is replaced by a completely new series of issues, the start date that the new series is released;

5. For definitives, when replaced;

6. Postage rate changes;

7. With regards to scarce and elusive stamps on cover – Dated no more that 6 months from release, and where postage rates allow, as the only or predominate stamp on the article, and;

8. Where possible, no make-up postage covers.

Rule No. 8 cannot be a hard and fast rule when non standard mail rates, or long running high value issues are concerned (i.e $20.00 Uluru) as there may no other way to get what you are searching for otherwise. This can, and does, directly affect rule No. 7.

Make up postage covers can also be seen as a type of “space filler” for your cover collection until that right cover comes along, but sometimes they’re all you can find, or even afford for that matter.

You could also find a cover with a rare stamp or stamps attached, a sort-after postmark, or a cover that is addressed to a well known person, or has other significance such as an historical event.

This last type of commercial cover takes us into the realm of Postal History, which in the wider sense a commercial mail cover is also defined.

I hope this is received in the manner it is meant. That is, what I myself look for when collecting commercial mail covers.

Let us know what you look for when collecting covers...
Keep 'em coming...
Always looking for Australian International Post commercial used items both big and small
Darkice
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by Darkice »

Thanks Stephen,

I do like that US cover :D
for your records.
2011 Ducks A05022022.jpg
2011 Ducks B05022022.jpg
Cheers
Love this place!
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Darkice wrote: 02 May 2022 18:51 I do like that US cover :D
for your records.
I liked it more... ;)
Always looking for Australian International Post commercial used items both big and small
prtnz17

Post by prtnz17 »

As requested the first instalment, will post more tomorrow.

Let me know if any are suitable.

Some of them appear to have the bottoms cut off the envelope, but that's my scanner, they are all complete covers.

Peter

IPPE 1.jpg
IPPE 2.jpg
IPPE 3.jpg
IPPE 4.jpg
IPPE 5.jpg
IPPE 6.jpg
IPPE 7.jpg
IPPE 8.jpg
Darkice

Post by Darkice »

Hey Stephen,

This is the last lot, a Little scattered but for the record.

2009 Australians Favorite cover.
Dated well past issued unfortunately.
18 May 2011

2010 Australian Beaches.
Again well past issued 16 March to 2 May.

2011 Queens Birthday.
Both Minisheet & Sheet Stamp,
dated 5 April 2011 FDI

2011 Royal Wedding.
Again both Minisheet & Sheet Stamp,
dated 12 April 2011 FDI

Cheers
20220502_172835.jpg
Love this place!
prtnz17

Post by prtnz17 »

Second installment of International PPE. There was more than I thought. 30 in total.

Peter

IPPE 9.jpg
IPPE 10.jpg
IPPE 11.jpg
IPPE 12.jpg
IPPE 13.jpg
IPPE 14.jpg
IPPE 15.jpg
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Peter,

Interesting lots indeed. eMail sent.
prtnz17

Post by prtnz17 »

In addition to the PPEs, are any of these of interest?

For some reason, one doesn't want to turn 90 degrees.

Peter

20220503_143834.jpg
20220503_143900.jpg
20220503_143919.jpg
20220503_143942.jpg
20220503_144117.jpg
20220503_143823.jpg
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Peter,

Why yes, they are! eMail coming your way ASAP.
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Hi all,

...and after that great flurry of activity, I'm still after this stamp on commercial cover... :D
ephilatelics wrote: 29 Apr 2022 13:03 Hi all,

Tell you what I am looking for...

Send me an email with what you have.
Show me what you have...
dwhopper
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by dwhopper »

My best example. I call it semi-commercial. Colin Salt is a philatelist and the date is late, but within the magic year.
International cover.jpg
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Whopper,

Nice, but no cigar I'm afraid. Could also be considered contrived as it was replaced 3 times from when it was first released.

The stamp in question, SG2024a, was released in September of 2000 and first replaced on the 24th April 2001 by SG2103 ($1.00 Kangaroo and Joey - Colour My Day Greetings Stamp issue). The next one after that was on 25th June 2001 by SG2119 ($1.00 Dragon Boat and Sydney Opera house - Joint Issue with Hong Kong). And finally, on 12th July 2001 by SG2122 ($1.00 The Murrumbidgee River - Views Of Australia issue).

Many thanks, but still looking... :(

dwhopper wrote: 10 May 2022 09:02 My best example. I call it semi-commercial. Colin Salt is a philatelist and the date is late, but within the magic year.

dwhopper

Post by dwhopper »

As Rood Perry always used to say, show me another. Best I have found. With two of us looking we will find on sooner or later.
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Whopper,

You are lucky to have it and I wouldn't try and take it off you. They are out there, i'm sure. One day there will be 6 for sale on the interwebs... :lol:
danyeung

Post by danyeung »

Share what I have. Obviously non-commercial :)
Koala $1 cover #1.jpg

Koala $1 cover #2.jpg

Koala $1 cover #3.jpg
danyeung

Post by danyeung »

Hi ephilatelics, let me know if you are interested. Thanks.
22 Sep 2002 cover to Hong Kong - missent to Malaysia
22 Sep 2002 cover to Hong Kong - missent to Malaysia

10 Jan 2017 ID Recorded cover to Malaysia
10 Jan 2017 ID Recorded cover to Malaysia

10 Jan 2017 ID Recorded cover to Malaysia (back)
10 Jan 2017 ID Recorded cover to Malaysia (back)

14 Jun 2001 pre-printed cover to Netherlands
14 Jun 2001 pre-printed cover to Netherlands

ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

danyeung,

Thank you for the thought but I already have these.

If there are any other takers for these pm danyeung for more info.

Thank you once again. Keep 'em coming... :D
danyeung

Post by danyeung »

Hi ephilatelics,

Sorry I didn't check your want list first, just thought you may have interest in the missent and ID Recorded label covers.

As I have already scanned the covers, I may probably put it to the Selling your stamps forum.
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

danyeung,

eMail sent.
danyeung

Post by danyeung »

Hi ephilatelics,

Have you received my email sent on Monday ?
Canada stamper
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by Canada stamper »

Posting this for interest:

I received this cover with $3 postage paid instead of the current $3.40 letter rate to Canada.
Cover from Bowyum July 2022.jpg
This special rate is an International Greeting Card promotion by Australia Post originally planned to run from 31 May to 31 July 2022 but has now been extended to 31 October 2022.

The promotional postage rate applies to greetings cards and post cards sent internationally.

To be eligible for the International Greeting Card postage rate of $3.00, the envelope must:
o Be no heavier than 50gm
o Be no thicker than 5mm
o Be no larger than 260mm x 360mm
o Have contents that are card(s) only. Note, multiple cards can be included however the maximum weight, thickness and size restrictions must not be exceeded.
o Be endorsed with Card Only or similar on the envelope by the sender.

My cover was endorsed 'CARD ONLY' and contained 5 postcards (total weight under 50g).

Jean :D
Always looking for new swap partners: Swap thread (INDEX of Lots in first post)
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Jean,

Excellent information. Thank you. Pity it's not a self adhesive bilby (2019 $2.50 Bilby Re-issue - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick Issue Only). Still looking for one of those...
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Hi all,

Been a while I know but I've been very busy in my woodshop. For those of you who don't know, I operate a woodwork and antique furniture restoration business in Toowoomba, Queensland.

Anyway, on with the show:

Interestingly, nothing but a Aerogramme and a postage paid envelope for 2023 so far. Anyone offering any personalised international post stamps on cover at all? Or that ever elusive 2019 SA Bilby (that could be a real tough one to find used in period;-)

2001 $1.00 Koala - Emergency Overprint (SG2024a);
2005 $1.10 Koala, $1.20 Shell on Sandy Beach and $1.80 Opera House - Greetings - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick Only Required) SG2499 to SG2501;
2006 $1.85 Exhibition Centre Melbourne - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2641);
2006 $1.25 and $1.85 Endangered Species Whales - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2666 and SG2667);
2006 $1.05 Young Shepherd with Lamb - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2735);
2007 $1.30 Rock Wallaby - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2816);
2007 $1.10 Christmas - (Christmas Island) (Gummed issued only) (SG582);
2008 $1.35 Centenary of Scouting in Australia - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2921);
2008 $1.35 and $2.00 World Youth Day - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2932 and SG2933) respectively;
2008 $1.30 Beijing Olympic Games - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick) (SG3029 and SG3031) respectively;
2008 $2.00 Aviation - Airbus A380 (SG3036);
2008 $1.40 Waterfalls Australia - Russell Falls, Tas (SG3068 Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2008 $1.20 Wise Man Carrying Gift - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG3100);
2009 $2.05 Natjula - (Gummed only required) (SG3182);
2009 $1.35, $1.40 and $2.05 WWF Dolphins of the Australian Coastline ($1.35, $1.40 Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required, and $2.05 Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick required);
2009 $2.90 Australian Bush Babies - (Gummed only required);
2010 $1.45 Powered Flight - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick required only) (SG3359) respectively;
2010 $2.10 Great Australian Railway Journeys - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG2786a);
2010 $1.50 Centenary of the Girl Guides - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG3476);
2010 $1.30 Christmas - Angels and Shepherds - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2011 $1.65 - Golf Club and Ball - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG3650);
2011 $1.65 Australia Korea Joint Issue - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG3667);
2011 $1.50 Christmas - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) (SG3671);
2012 $2.35 Rowing - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required) Olympic Games London (SG3809);
2012 $1.65 Nullarbor Plain - (Gummed) Wilderness Australi;
2012 $1.60 Christmas - (Christmas Island) (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2013 $1.75 Wombat - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick Only required) and $4.65 Platypus - (Gummed Only Issued) Bush Babies;
2013 $2.60 Diamond Jubilee Coronation - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick Only Required);
2013 $2.55 Christmas - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only);
2013 $1.80 Christmas - Balloon - (Christmas Island) - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2014 $1.70 Christmas - Bell - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2014 $1.80 Christmas - Crab and Bauble - (Christmas Island) - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2015 $1.85 ANZAC - Aust / NZ Joint Issue - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2015 $1.85 and 1.95 Australia NZ and Singapore Joint Issue - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2015 $2.75 Long May She Reign - Golden Jubilee Stamp - (With gloves on stamp - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2015 $1.85 Bicycle - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2015 $2.55 and $1.70 Christmas - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2015 $1.80 Christmas - (Christmas Island) - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2016 $2.10 Monotremes Platypus - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2016 $1.70 Christmas - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2016 $1.80 Christmas - (Christmas Island) - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2017 $2.10 Shelley Beach Jetty, Vic - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2017 $2.95 Queens Birthday - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick Only Required);
2017 $2.95 Henry Lawson - (Gummed only required);
2017 $2.10 Water Plants - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick) ;
2017 $2.00 Christmas - (Gummed) and $2.30 Christmas - (Gummed only required);
2017 $2.00 Christmas - (Christmas Island) (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2018 $3.00 Queens Birthday - (Gummed only required);
2018 $2.00 Christmas - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2018 $2.00 Christmas - (Christmas Island Issue - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2019 $3.00 Queens Birthday - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2019 $3.00 Anzac Day - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2019 $2.30 Little Penguins - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick only required);
2019 $2.50 Bilby Re-issue - (Self Adhesive Peel & Stick Issue Only);
2019 $2.20 Secular and $2.20 Religious Christmas - (Australia - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2019 $2.20 Reindeer and Crab Christmas - (Christmas Island - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2019 $3.70 and $10.00 Art of the Desert International Postage Paid Envelopes.
2020 $2.50 Lunar Year of the Rat - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2020 $3.20 Medical Innovations - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2020 $3.20 Queens Birthday - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2020 $2.20 Christmas (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2020 $2.20 Christmas - (Christmas Island Issue - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2021 $0.20, $2.70 $3.40 and $3.50 Ramsar Wetlands - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2021 $2.70 Australian Native Bonsai (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2021 $3.50 The Queens 95th Birthday - (Gummed only required);
2021 $2.40 Secular and $2.40 Religious Christmas - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2022 $3.50 QEII Platinum Anniversary - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2022 $2.90, $3.50, $3.70 and $4.00 Aerial Views (Gummed only on $4.00) - (Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2022 $2.60 Secular and Religious Christmas - (Australia - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
2022 $2.60 Christmas - (Christmas Island Issue - Gummed and Self Adhesive Peel & Stick);
International PPE's and Aerogrammes- (IPPE);
International Post Personalised Stamps on Commercial Covers.

Look forward to seeing what you have to offer...
britjag
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Post by britjag »

Hello ephilatelics:

Would you happen to have a complete list of International rate stamps with date issued and subject in a similar format to that of your want lists above?

I have begun collecting these, thanks to Waffle, and would like a very handy at a glance list in the format above.

I’m using Scott at the moment and it’s very annoying; their listings are somewhat vague, are buried relatively speaking among other issues and just in general are not nearly as user-friendly as those want lists you published above.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Collector of pre-1940 WW, soccer/football/futbol, space/sci-fi, cars/F1 and anything else shiny and cool.
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

Britjag,

Welcome to the mad world of international stamps...lol.

As for a list, I don't have anything formal set up other than my want list, and just refer to Stanley Gibbons Australia for my numbers. I also find AusPost Stamp Bulletins, Renniks and Seven Seas Stamps catalogues handy as well. It is something that I one day hope to put together, but in about 5 or so more years, when I retire :roll: .

Maybe someone on here has put together such an omnibus?
dwhopper

Post by dwhopper »

I have a list and will forward to you guys when I get a cahnce.

DWH
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

dwhopper wrote: 31 Oct 2023 23:52 I have a list and will forward to you guys when I get a cahnce.

DWH
Thank you
simon m
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by simon m »

Sorry I've got no covers to offer but there's a few you can delist.
The 2015 $1.85 Bicycle s/a and the $1.85,$1.95 Australia,NZ
Singapore joint issue s/a stamps.All only issued gummed.
Good luck,that's a serious challenge.
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

simon m wrote: 01 Nov 2023 23:59 Sorry I've got no covers to offer but there's a few you can delist.
The 2015 $1.85 Bicycle s/a and the $1.85,$1.95 Australia,NZ
Singapore joint issue s/a stamps.All only issued gummed.
Good luck,that's a serious challenge.
Simon,

Yes, indeed. Thanks for that.

As for challenging, you're not wrong. I don't know if it can be completed, but you never know. If people keep putting up covers for sale here, well, who knows...

Thanks once again.
casmx

Post by casmx »

Hi - these may not be what you are searching for - but thought I would share.
Yell if they are of any benefit. I will keep searching my lot.
02-665.jpg
02-385.jpg
02-384.jpg
02-383.jpg
ephilatelics

Post by ephilatelics »

CSMAX,

Thank you. email sent.
britjag

Post by britjag »

Just a reminder to Dwhopper: I would love to see your list of Oz International stamps:
I have a list and will forward to you guys when I get a cahnce.

DWH
Happy New Year and thank you in advance.
Collector of pre-1940 WW, soccer/football/futbol, space/sci-fi, cars/F1 and anything else shiny and cool.
dwhopper

Post by dwhopper »

email address?
britjag

Post by britjag »

Email address sent via Stampboards.

Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing the list of Oz International stamps.

Return to “WANTED by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories or images etc.”