Current accounts and scams of the Sydney Stamp forger on ebay

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

danyeung
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: Current accounts and scams of the Sydney Stamp forger on ebay

Post by danyeung »

Global Administrator wrote: 08 Oct 2022 15:58 Alex .. EVERY link to ebay **** MUST **** have an image as they scroll off in weeks.

Not sure what rock you have been hiding under but the 1964 5d Christmas 'MISSING RED' is the most faked stamp in Australian history. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Naturally no COVERS are known or recorded - except from ebay fakers.

A day in the sun here bleaches out the red -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14482

Global Administrator wrote: 20 Jun 2017 19:41 The ebay Moron Bunnies were out in full force today, bidding this sun faded fake 1964 5d Xmas stamp "missing red" stamp to $A640.

These clueless ebay idiots clearly should have spent $100 on an ACSC, where it advises the only know GENUINE examples, are a couple of used copies, and a single mint one. No mint copies in pair with normal!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESTATE-Pre-decimal-5d-Red-Missing ... 2370307724

Oops, sorry Glen, forgot to add the image. :oops:
1964 5d red omitted.jpg
doc
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by doc »

Looks like this serial forger has gone very quiet?
Thank for reading - doc
blue-within-blue
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by blue-within-blue »

? No, he is as active as ever, committing multiple criminal frauds by falsely selling his typical forgeries via at least 3 Ebay IDs :

globbaladmin - previously globalstamps1 , previously centrestamps_6
oceaniastamps - previously oceanbluestamps , previously bottlejfb
g-stephensstamps - previously bluewonder000 , previously stamps_athletes , previously skystamps1010 , previously tin7778.

ROB
blue-within-blue

The criminal con-man George Nassar has yet again changed one of his Ebay IDs today. Previous ID oceaniastamps is now renamed as collectables_stamps :
Capture - Nassar namechange.JPG
All the usual worthless faked overprints and OS perfins.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , scammer , fraud , Sydney stamp forger , forgeries , g-stephensstamps , globbaladmin , oceanbluestamps , bottlejfb
RedKiwi
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by RedKiwi »

I've seen two more lots this week from the forger. What I find a bit perplexing is that there are people who are sufficiently interested to buy these stamps (unless these are fake bids), but lack the knowledge that these are blatant and, in some cases, ridiculous forgeries.
Stamp fraud.png
Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made
ebay

Post by ebay »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385363296438

g-stephensstamps - I hate it when they hide who's bidding, never a good sign.

"private listing - bidder identity protected"
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

ebay wrote: 25 Jan 2023 04:57 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385363296438

g-stephensstamps - I hate it when they hide who's bidding, never a good sign.

"private listing - bidder identity protected"

A certain sign of shill bidding ... there are a half dozen forgeries at LEAST in that lot - please report this junk to FakeBay folks -

Capture.JPG
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

I've reported one of these lots, but I heard nothing from eBay. It's unclear if any action was taken.
GB1840

Post by GB1840 »

His last feedback is negative, hopefully potential buyers will be alerted to that. I have reported him for what is worth.
ebayer
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by ebayer »

Remember to use this link folks - they DO look at these - we have had 150 of his fake handle accounts closed so far -

We have this new link members can use to report him, AND add images and screen captures -

Here is the link to a form that Ebay supplied for sending more details and/or photos to the Trust & Safety team. It is a useful new tool to have, because as far as we know, there is no other way to send images when contacting either the Customer Services, or Trust & Safety teams via the Ebay website :

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=GSS

The accompanying instructions said :

Please note the following requirements for attachments:

1. You can send your documents to us in the following file formats: *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, or *.pdf.
2. For security reasons, we do not accept any other formats or aggregated (compressed) or executable files.
3. The total size of the documents cannot be greater than 20 megabytes (MB).
4. A single file cannot be larger than 2 MB.
5. You must select a document type for all files that you send.
blue-within-blue

Ebay appear to have taken some kind of action today against all 3 of Nassar's known accounts - globbaladmin, collectables_stamps and g-stephensstamps. Every listing has gone, although the accouns don't seem to be NARUd. Perhaps finally they realised that with so many reports against him, there is "no smoke without fire" and they can no longer ignore so much evidence.
Capture - Nassar items gone.JPG
ROB
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

Good to hear.
A Helmich
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by A Helmich »

New account, it doesn't take long to create one.

seela-64

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/364140002877?hash=item54c86f7e3d:g:KhYAAOSw2dtj5GCK

He now lives in Queensland!
BCOF forgery
BCOF forgery
Protect the Black Swan, hunt ducks.
Exposing forgeries.
blue-within-blue

The stamp listings show Queensland as the location. But all the other items, including lots of cheap tawdry collectibles and used women's clothing, show Revesby NSW as the location. Hmm - where have we seen that before ... ?

BTW, those other listings are only visible if you search on Ebay.com.AU . They are marked as being shipped only within Australia, so they don't show up in searches on Ebay.com or Ebay UK.

ROB
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

He has moved to Melbourne it seems. Check out his sold items.

westernstar142 is the ID.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?item=295545345261&rt=nc&_ ... ernstar142
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
doc

Post by doc »

Capture.JPG
Ebay forger westernstar142 joined on Valentine's Day.

Most of his other dud accounts have been closed it seems? Good.
Thank for reading - doc
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Any doubts about the id. Check out the post with the BCOF on piece 4 posts above. Same date and dots above the date.

Forged BCOF cancel
Forged BCOF cancel
Further to the above.

On the 14th of February new identity seela-64 made this supposed sale of: Victoria 2 Shilling Pink Railways Parcel Stamp for $232.50. Oddly enough the other new identity westernstar142 listed he very same stamp for sale using the exact same image on the 21st of February and subsequently sold it for $51. If those two sales were genuine westernstar142 will be broke in no time.
364140003738 VR Parcel stamp sale seela_64
364140003738 VR Parcel stamp sale seela_64
295537753573 VR parcel stamp sale westernstar142
295537753573 VR parcel stamp sale westernstar142
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
blue-within-blue

Nassar's ID collectables_stamps is disappointingly back on line again ; must have been a suspension rather than a selling ban.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3692&_ssn=collectables_stamps

ROB
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

blue-within-blue wrote: 11 Mar 2023 01:42
Nassar's ID collectables_stamps is disappointingly back on line again ; must have been a suspension rather than a selling ban.

ROB
Reported
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

The fraudulent stamps are still listed despite being reported to eBay...
Fraud.png
fchd
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!

Post by fchd »

blue-within-blue wrote: 11 Mar 2023 01:42

ROB
Reported.
blue-within-blue

The lying scumbag is now making his own "expert certificates" to try to add credibility to his worthless home-made forged items. This is one of three he has listed in the past few days, with slight variations.
s-l400.png
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364184288121

In the hope that Google's bots will pick up this text and show it in their hit list if people search for the expert's name - THERE IS NO PHILATELIC EXPERT CALLED P Garrett / P. Garrett philatelist . These are completely bogus bits of paper made at home by George Nassar , the Sydney stamp forger .

ROB
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

Annoyed to see eBay recommending listings from the forger. I have reporteded dozens of these fake stamps but they keep being relisted and now the algorithm is recommending them to buyers. :evil:
Stamp fraud 2.png
neal w
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by neal w »

hi all, have put concerns to CRIMESTOPPERS nsw and told all to them about info i had and referred them to this site for reference. i provided an email address on him that i acquired , long story . but in anyone has any info on name suburb anything, can ring crimestoppers and quote this REF no 1928084F6L7 and add anything you may think will help catch this CROOK . thanks hope someone has some details. cheers neal
neal w

Post by neal w »

hi have sent this into current affair , hopefully others will send concerns there also. may get a bite or something done. cheers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hi , i am a serious stamp collector 1 amoung 1000s in this country alone . people pay 1000s of $ for high end or rare error stamps or , very rare higher denomanation stamps. there has been this FORGER in sydney who has been forging for many years and frauding people on ebay .

he is very sophisticated with his methods and tactics . ie puts a few real low end stamps lots for sale , so makes him look legit. lost count of how many aliases he used on ebay . when enough people complain , they scratch him off. but he comes back same night with new alias .

i have 2 FB stamp groups , and warn members of his actions. but refer to stampboards.com and type sydney stamp forger on ebay . it has 38 pages of detailed scams and forgeries sold . and they have been trying to get him struck out for 3+ yrs . this crook makes 1000s of $ off the uneducated stamp people. i have reported to crimestoppers and given all info i have. but no one seems to have a name or address for him.

i obtained an email address that i forwarded. but he can write any name. or address on back if any. i think if this guy is exposed on tv would make the stamp world alot better place to be. as it ruins the values and confidence of the stamps and buyers.

how can such a large scale fraud can keep going on, and hasn,t anything been done about this before me, has got me wondering? but this one is right up your alley, finding him and exposing him to the world . big ratings no doubt.

i know personally 1000s of people online in stamp groups etc that would love to see this happen. hope you can help. please email with interests , as hard to get on ph with my work. thank you for your time and consideration on this.

yours sincerely neal winship
Last edited by Global Admin on 17 Apr 2023 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added paragraphs and spacing and “air” – always a superb idea on Bulletin Boards! Use the "PREVIEW" button folks. It is there for a GOOD reason.
norvic

Post by norvic »

neal w wrote: 17 Apr 2023 15:21 hi have sent this into current affair , hopefully others will send concerns there also. may get a bite or something done. cheers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hi , i am a serious stamp collector 1 amoung 1000s in this country alone . people pay 1000s of $ for high end or rare error stamps or , very rare higher denomanation stamps. there has been this FORGER in sydney who has been forging for many years and frauding people on ebay .

he is very sophisticated with his methods and tactics . ie puts a few real low end stamps lots for sale , so makes him look legit. lost count of how many aliases he used on ebay . when enough people complain , they scratch him off. but he comes back same night with new alias .

i have 2 FB stamp groups , and warn members of his actions. but refer to stampboards.com and type sydney stamp forger on ebay . it has 38 pages of detailed scams and forgeries sold . and they have been trying to get him struck out for 3+ yrs . this crook makes 1000s of $ off the uneducated stamp people. i have reported to crimestoppers and given all info i have. but no one seems to have a name or address for him.

i obtained an email address that i forwarded. but he can write any name. or address on back if any. i think if this guy is exposed on tv would make the stamp world alot better place to be. as it ruins the values and confidence of the stamps and buyers.

how can such a large scale fraud can keep going on, and hasn,t anything been done about this before me, has got me wondering? but this one is right up your alley, finding him and exposing him to the world . big ratings no doubt.

i know personally 1000s of people online in stamp groups etc that would love to see this happen. hope you can help. please email with interests , as hard to get on ph with my work. thank you for your time and consideration on this.

yours sincerely neal winship
So who did you send it to, and did you properly capitalise and lay out or was it one great long rant without much form?

I’m sorry, but if I got a long rant like this containing phrases like “100s of $” I’d probably toss it in the circular filing receptacle.

If you want someone’s attention, short and snappy, with links rather than vague, “I have 2 FB stamp groups”, would be far more effective.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock see Modern GB Blog Also almost everything non-GB postal history & postcards I show here is for sale: DM for details.
Mystery Postcard Nos: 265, 290/1/3/4, 304, 310, 320/2/4/7/8, 331/7, 344/6, 353/8, 363/4
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

This thread seems to be more about a 'newer' forger rather than the original 'greek' forger started way back years ago?

It is not the same person.

Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"
neal w

Post by neal w »

hi all, just may have an idea how to stop or slow down severley

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/225538125099

check this item i just put up for sale . maybe others might get ideas also thanks neal
norvic

Post by norvic »

I think you should have asked Glen before you put that gob of illiterate text there.

Same as here, you are what you write, and without proper capitalisation and punctuation it really is amateur hour.
check stampboards dot com , theres 100 of posts about this forger and his 100s of alias,s . hes currently selling many here through many different names . if you have bought from this forger. please contact stampboards for advice. thanks
In my view you should close that auction pronto as it violates eBay policies, and it’s defamatory.

On the other hand everybody else may think it’s a good idea, I can never tell here.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock see Modern GB Blog Also almost everything non-GB postal history & postcards I show here is for sale: DM for details.
Mystery Postcard Nos: 265, 290/1/3/4, 304, 310, 320/2/4/7/8, 331/7, 344/6, 353/8, 363/4
neal w

Post by neal w »

sorry if my spelling is not correct or punctuations. never been a strong point , or doesn,t worry me too much about that. my thoughts were making people aware of this person as nothing else seems to be working . ebay lets him do what he does and protected , so same game different player different intention . why not set up fake accounts like he does and dedicate it to making people aware .alot do it for the wrong reasons, why not for the right ones.thanks
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

neal w wrote: 19 Apr 2023 17:12
sorry if my spelling is not correct or punctuations. never been a strong point , or doesn,t worry me too much about that.

You have the right idea Neal, and your heart is clearly in the right place, but starting an auction with no link to anywhere is totally pointless - or to the faker or his material - adding the actual link to here MIGHT have some effect -

www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85476 or www.tinyurl.com/Ebay-Fakes is the way to go

We wrote Rule 17 below just for folks too lazy to make posts neatly. 'doesn,t worry me too much about that' is your call of course.

Try telling the next Highway Patrol cop who books you for speeding, or catches you using a mobile phone etc, that - 'doesn,t worry me too much about that' and let us know how you go. :lol: :lol:

Same story. Rules are Rules. We all need to follow them. :!:

17. Please Present Your Posts Thoughtfully and NEATLY

"You are what you post". You can come across to others here as being either slap-dash and sloppy, and near illiterate - or neat and tidy and professional and intelligent - the choice is always yours. :idea:

Most wise members even take a little time to use the "PREVIEW" button to look over their posts, to see if the image has loaded correctly, to see their HEADING makes sense, and uses normal punctuation, to see whether the "Quote" feature worked, and to check the colour and bold and highlights are coded correctly etc. All posts can be edited for ONE HOUR by any member. After that they stay here forever, so READ the content carefully before hitting SUBMIT. :!:

And they use PARAGRAPHS every couple of sentences. Vast globs of type with no paragraphs, and no capital letters, and no spell check, and weird formatting, and lazy abbreviations, might be just fine for quick text messages to and from 12 year olds, but we hopefully will not see it on www.stampboards.com If we do see it, after being warned, we may not see you here very long - that's a promise. :idea:

"You are what you post". Remember that. And others judge you on that. Please help us keep this board looking neat and professional. We take huge pride in how well presented and polished this board has always looked - it is WHY we are the World's most successful stamp board by far with way over 10 MILLION posts. We all can do our bit. :)
blue-within-blue

"starting an auction with no link to anywhere is totally pointless "

No, he is avoiding the Ebay bots. Links to outside websites are banned by Ebay and usually result in either the link being automatically removed, or the listing being taken down.

ROB
gregbear61

Post by gregbear61 »

More offerings, now from westernstar142
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=295656384932&rt=nc&_trk ... rnstar142

Offerings include this poor effort: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295656384932
s-l1600.jpg

His other listing containing more of the usual suspects: missing colours, fake overprints, etc, etc.
blue-within-blue

Nassar's suspected recent ID westernstar142 is today NARUd ; not sure why, as there are no neg feedbacks on the account. His other known IDs seela-64 and collectables_stamps are still live and selling. Keep sending those reports, folks - eventually a minion somewhere will take notice.
Capture - westernstar NARU.JPG
ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scam , scammer , criminal fraud , forged overprint , fake OS perfin
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

RedKiwi wrote: 04 Apr 2023 17:41
Annoyed to see eBay recommending listings from the forger. I have reported dozens of these fake stamps but they keep being relisted and now the algorithm is recommending them to buyers. :evil:

Maybe another few accounts might also get NARU -- do report these folks, and even ebay can join up the clear connecting dots or shill bidding and connected accounts. The more reports the higher than chance someone will bother.

seela-64 (allegedly based in QUEENSLAND!) is offering this exact same NZ stamp as was offered by collectables_stamps

Capture.JPG
And we have clear proof that the same seela-64 (allegedly based in QUEENSLAND!) was the same seller as the just banned westernstar142

On the 14th of February new identity seela-64 made this supposed sale of: Victoria 2 Shilling Pink Railways Parcel Stamp for $232.50. Oddly enough the other new identity westernstar142 listed he very same stamp for sale using the exact same image on the 21st of February and subsequently sold it for $51.

[/quote]
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
rsellens
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by rsellens »

The bastard finally got me with this one. I must admit that I didn't think of Nasser when I saw it although I did think it was too good to be true. I am sure Ebay will love to reimburse my $10.
Screenshot 2023-05-08 171633.jpg
A Helmich

Post by A Helmich »

New ebay identity for the Sydney forger - lohel-0

He is now in South Australia!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314551736529
lohel-0 Sydney stamp forger
lohel-0 Sydney stamp forger
Exposing forgeries.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Not totally convinced that account is offering the usual fakes however this rouletting looks 105% forged to me.

$AA350 start price my EYE.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314628913893

s-l300gg.jpg
A Helmich

Post by A Helmich »

Global Admin wrote: 04 Jun 2023 23:21 Not totally convinced that account is offering the usual fakes however this rouletting looks 105% forged to me.

$AA350 start price my EYE.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314628913893

He is just starting to build up his feedback. He has been trying to sell that 6d litho with fake rouletting for several years.
Exposing forgeries.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Got it - yes that WA looks familiar.

He is back offering crude photocopies of Tasmania 1853 1d Couriers - several of his accounts were banned for selling those as genuine - see earlier in this thread - collectables_stamps should be reported please folks -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394659201583

s-l1600ggg.jpg
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

The ol' Vaseline on the lens trick ...
Scammer.png
blue-within-blue

The criminal counterfeiter Nassar has today changed one of his Ebay IDs yet again, no doubt to try to avoid detection. Recent ID collectables_stamps (previously oceaniastamps, previously oceanbluestamps, previously bottlejfb) is now re-named as mightystamps000 :
Capture - Nassar new ID 14 June.JPG
All the usual fake overprints & OS perfins, counterfeited classics, etc.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , g-stephensstamps , globbaladmin
rsellens

Post by rsellens »

rsellens wrote: 08 May 2023 18:23 The bastard finally got me with this one. I must admit that I didn't think of Nasser when I saw it although I did think it was too good to be true. I am sure Ebay will love to reimburse my $10.

Reported to ebay on May 20th. A refuund was processed within a couple of hours, no questions asked. Obviously ebay are aware of his activies. Why they keep letting him sell his forgeries has me beat.
blue-within-blue

The criminal Nassar has today changed another Ebay account name. His previous ID seela-64 is now reborn as ID maximus321-6 :
Capture - Nassar new ID 15 June.JPG
As before, his stamp listings falsely show the location as QLD but other non-philatelic items visible only on Ebay Australia show his true location of Revesby, NSW.

ROB
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

Global Admin wrote: 05 Jun 2023 02:59 Got it - yes that WA looks familiar.

He is back offering crude photocopies of Tasmania 1853 1d Couriers - several of his accounts were banned for selling those as genuine - see earlier in this thread - collectables_stamps should be reported please folks -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394659201583

Forger.png
Pod
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Pod »

Reported to eBay, to the extent that you still can, mightystamps000 eBay listing with dodgy surcharges on Western Australia stamps:
mightystamps000_dodgy surcharges.jpg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394701032406

The '1d' and 'Half-penny' (in red and green) surcharges are on the incorrect watermark issues in any case, and the '1/2d' (in red) is a poor rendering of the real thing.

The auction ends in a just under 6 hours. I wonder what these will fetch in the end...
jeremy29

Post by jeremy29 »

Another one as this specimen handstamp does not exist on this issue https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394740781899
s-l500.jpg
Pod

Post by Pod »

Another "buyer beware" lot of spurious surcharges from seller mightystamps000:
mightystamps000_dodgy surcharges_2.jpg
eBay reference - https://www.ebay.com/itm/394742884490

One opening bid so far with bidder listed as 'private'.
Hari Georgeson

Post by Hari Georgeson »

I follow this thread with interest. I presume he is ruining genuine stamps with these fake overprints & surcharges, or are both stamp and overprint fake?
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

He takes genuine, cheap stamps and then fakes overprints and perfins. Changes a stamp worth less than 10p into one catalogued at £50-£100 or more.

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”