Current accounts and scams of the Sydney Stamp forger on ebay

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Catweazle
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Current accounts and scams of the Sydney Stamp forger on ebay

Post by Catweazle »

blue-within-blue wrote: 14 Jun 2023 11:16
The criminal counterfeiter Nassar has today changed one of his Ebay IDs yet again, no doubt to try to avoid detection. Recent ID collectables_stamps (previously oceaniastamps, previously oceanbluestamps, previously bottlejfb) is now re-named as mightystamps000 :

All the usual fake overprints & OS perfins, counterfeited classics, etc.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , g-stephensstamps , globbaladmin
There seem to be a number of Lord Howe Island cancels listed on eBay over the years that look rather dubious at best. Not sure about this one, but it's listed by our friend mightystamps000 who has been known to have numerous other accounts. 1d Red Engraved KGV pair complete with the Lord Howe Island datestamp and a barred L.H.I. one too.
mightystamps000 sale listing: Lord Howe Island cancel with KGV 1d Red Pair
mightystamps000 sale listing: Lord Howe Island cancel with KGV 1d Red Pair
At least I'll say he has uploaded a decent image of his listing, whatever it is.

Meanwhile, I've never seen this overprint before... :lol:
'One Penny' overprint on KGV Stamp
'One Penny' overprint on KGV Stamp
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
Pod
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Pod »

Have a look at this one...all forgeries.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/maximus321-6?_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2559
maximus321-6 eBay 10 Aug 23.jpg
Due to finish shortly.

Is this a new handle for the forger?
Pod

Post by Pod »

maximus321-6...no bids.
Derbyboi2
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Derbyboi2 »

Catweazle wrote: 23 Jul 2023 14:31
blue-within-blue wrote: 14 Jun 2023 11:16
The criminal counterfeiter Nassar has today changed one of his Ebay IDs yet again, no doubt to try to avoid detection. Recent ID collectables_stamps (previously oceaniastamps, previously oceanbluestamps, previously bottlejfb) is now re-named as mightystamps000 :

All the usual fake overprints & OS perfins, counterfeited classics, etc.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , g-stephensstamps , globbaladmin
There seem to be a number of Lord Howe Island cancels listed on eBay over the years that look rather dubious at best. Not sure about this one, but it's listed by our friend mightystamps000 who has been known to have numerous other accounts. 1d Red Engraved KGV pair complete with the Lord Howe Island datestamp and a barred L.H.I. one too.
At least I'll say he has uploaded a decent image of his listing, whatever it is.

Meanwhile, I've never seen this overprint before... :lol:
The NWPI One Penny surcharge on the 4th setting 5d is a forgery. I have already written to Nasser informing him of this. He has another 5d for sale with a different Type but the same forged overprint. I am currently writing a (hopefully) definitive article on the One Penny surcharge positions. The 'Nasser' surcharge doesn't match any of the genuine surcharges in the bottom two rows of the 4th setting NWPI forme. The stamp illustrated comes from the bottom two rows (Type C). The bottom row of the genuine surcharges has ink clogs at almost every position on both the 5d and the 1/-. The same surcharge 'forme' was used for both the 5d and the 1/- but with moveable type so that the surcharge appears central on both the KGV and 'Roo. In Nassers example the surcharge is not level either. All genuine surcharges are level with the overprint.
blue-within-blue
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by blue-within-blue »

Given that we know he reads this thread, it is unwise to set out details of how Nassar's home-made counterfeits differ from the genuine item ; or indeed, to write to him about those differences. That's just giving him clues about to how to improve his shameful fraudulent forgeries.

ROB
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

blue-within-blue wrote: 11 Aug 2023 08:22
Given that we know he reads this thread, it is unwise to set out details of how Nassar's home-made counterfeits differ from the genuine item ; or indeed, to write to him about those differences. That's just giving him clues about to how to improve his shameful fraudulent forgeries.

ROB

Rob

Given that there are a mere handful (probably no more than 2 used and 2 mint) complete panes in both values of the surcharges, which are in two private collections, one in Australia and one in the USA, I doubt that the forger would ever see one which would enable him to replicate every position.

First he would have to plate the stamp to be forged and its position on the pane of 30 and then craft a surcharge that fitted it from a genuine copy. He just wouldn't have the time or the inclination. At the end of thee day these retail at £40 or thereabouts as genuine so it isn't worth his time.

Any normal collector would be fooled in any event by some of his overprints but experts will not be. All I wrote to Nasser was 'the surcharge is forged' nothing more nothing less. I certainly wasn't going to give him any information as to why the surcharge wasn't right.

His forgeries of the OS punctures of NWPI are legion, some of which have even entered the mainstream auction houses. There is a failsafe manner of spotting these OS forgeries but I will not mention it here as a forger will probably read this (taking your sound advice).

Robert
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

blue-within-blue wrote: 11 Aug 2023 08:22

ROB
Rob, I really wonder how Nasser gets to sleep at night, especially if he reads this thread!

Robert
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Folks, do NOT ever contact this spiv direct. It achieves nothing except wasting your time.

He knows everything is forged and you telling him, just gives him a smile as he gains the attention he craves.

It is like wrestling with a pig. YOU get covered in mud and faeces - and the PIG enjoys it all. :!: :!: :!:

Please expend your energies reporting it all direct to eBay. THAT generally get accounts deleted - 100s of them so far.
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

Another epic (and surprisingly bad) forged overprint from the Sydney forger....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394808518838?hash=item5bec6be8b6: ... R6au19e9Yg
Sydney Forger stamp duty.png
Compared to the original below we a
Stamp duty genuine.jpg
re in Blind Nun territory. The size of the font and the distance between the overprint lines is all wrong!
blue-within-blue

The criminal counterfeiter Nassar has today changed another Ebay account name. His previous ID maximus321-6 (formerly seela-64) is now reborn as ID pgstamps :
Capture - nassar name change aug 2023.JPG
As before, his stamps listings falsely show the location as QLD but other non-philatelic items visible only on Ebay Australia show his true location of Revesby , NSW.

All the usual fake overprints & OS perfins, counterfeited classics, etc. Expect a similar change soon on his other selling account mightystamps000.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , counterfeits
blue-within-blue

As expected, Nassar today changed his other ID mightystamps000 to stampswunder :
Capture - nasser 2nd new ID aug 2023.JPG
For the record, this ID was previously collectables_stamps ; previously oceaniastamps ; previously oceanbluestamps ; originally bottlejfb . There are two neutral feedbacks which refer to him selling forgeries ; no doubt many more were removed by Ebay minions after he appealed.

ROB
GB1840
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by GB1840 »

Having followed this excellent thread for some time, it occurs to be that eBay and the authorities must be well aware of his history, so how is he seemingly above the law and allowed to carry on with his fraudulent activities and also change eBay identity so frequently?
gregbear61
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!

Post by gregbear61 »

Hopefully because he has so few victims at the moment. The same material has been recycled multiple times of late.

It's important to keep on reporting his dodgy activity to eBay, as you would know from this long thread. His activities are as old as stampboards.com.
blue-within-blue

The criminal counterfeiter Nassar has changed an Ebay account name yet again. His ID pgstamps (previously maximus321-6, previously seela-64) is now reborn as ID sunstamps-24 :
Capture - Nassar namechange Sept 22.JPG
As before, his stamp listings falsely show the location as QLD but other non-philatelic items (visible only on Ebay Australia) show his true location of Revesby, NSW.

All the usual fake overprints & OS perfins, counterfeited classics, etc. Expect a similar change soon on his other selling account stampswunder.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , counterfeits
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Here's a possible book recommendation for George Nassar and viewers of this thread ;)

Acknowledgements to Google Search and author Kirstin Chen
Acknowledgements to Google Search and author Kirstin Chen
/RogerE 🦉

Footnote: Once again, I'm reminded of my perennial quote (first encountered in English Expression class when I was in High School) —
Oh, look at those lovely daisies under that tree — or are they nasty pieces of orange peel?
RedKiwi

Post by RedKiwi »

The forger seemingly has some more eBayers victims ...
Forger eBay.png
https://www.ebay.com/usr/stampswunder?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l2559
Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made
blue-within-blue

Yet again, the scumbag criminal counterfeiter Nassar has changed an Ebay account name. His ID stampswunder (previously mightystamps000, collectables_stamps, oceaniastamps, oceanbluestamps, originally bottlejfb) is now reborn as ID niftystamps111 :
Capture - nassar name change 6 Oct 23.JPG
ROB

bathurst stamper

Post by bathurst stamper »

Sometimes these listings make me laugh. Whoever did the OS forgery clearly ignored the datestamp :lol:

Here's a New South Wales 10d DLR with a genuine 1870 duplex, so it must be a watermark 10 and perf. 13.

The OS stamp was issued on 31 May 1880.

The description is "NSW 1880 10d Lilac wmk 10 overprinted OS used, SG 018a".

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394949578876
10d OS Forgery (Ebay Oct2023).jpg
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

bathurst stamper wrote: 22 Oct 2023 07:34 Sometimes these listings make me laugh. Whoever did the OS forgery clearly ignored the datestamp :lol:

Here's a New South Wales 10d DLR with a genuine 1870 duplex, so it must be a watermark 10 and perf. 13.

The OS stamp was issued on 31 May 1880.

The description is "NSW 1880 10d Lilac wmk 10 overprinted OS used, SG 018a".

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394949578876
Looking at his site it looks like a clone of Nassar
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

EVERYTHING this ebay forger niftystamps111 is offering are FORGERIES and not offered as such are breaching ebay Rules.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?item=394921555077&rt=nc&_ssn=niftystamps111&_ipg=240

Please report him folks -

Things like this 6d Lake Lefroy are $5000 stamps if genuine - THIS has the ink still wet -
s-l1600lef.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/394949691234

All FAKES, FAKES, FAKES from this ebay forger niftystamps111 -

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?item=394949578876&rt=nc&_ssn=niftystamps111&_ipg=240
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
blue-within-blue

The scumbag criminal counterfeiter Nassar has again changed an Ebay account name. His recent ID sunstamps-24 (previously pgstamps, previously maximus321-6, previously seela-64) is now renamed as new ID moomstamps-24 .
Capture - Nassar namechange 15 Nov 23.JPG
All the usual fake overprints, fake OS perfins, modern laser-printed counterfeits of classic stamps, etc. Expect a similar change soon on his other selling ID niftystamps111 .

As before, his stamp listings show a false location of Queensland, but other listings (only visible on Ebay.com.AU) show his actual address in Revesby, NSW.

ROB

Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

As if by magic Nassar's new handle offers for sale an extremely rare New Guinea overprint obviously forged.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364580621195?hash=item54e2b2cb8b: ... R4DY0636Yg
Screenshot (346).png
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

Nasser is at it again with his NWPI OS Punctures. I show the 9d. He also has a 2/-.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394949723578?hash=item5bf4d685ba: ... R5qOmKmDYw
Screenshot (373).png
gregbear61

Post by gregbear61 »

Those mint NWPI OS have been around for a few months now. Genuine copies sell for a multiple of his asking price.

Good that potential buyers are wised up to the forger's antics.
tojo562001
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by tojo562001 »

On 4/12 I notified eBay of a forged overprint offered by niftystamps111

Their reply was that they could see nothing of concern, using AI to check the listing.

Today I received an offer from a "new" vendor ebay forger bluewonder143 on the same listing number 395038813553 - he has changed his seller name again
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

tojo562001 wrote: 05 Dec 2023 21:28

Their reply was that they could see nothing of concern, using AI to check the listing.

Today I received an offer from a "new" vendor ebay forger bluewonder143 on the same listing number 395038813553 - he has changed his seller name again
My guess is that such a large institution like eBay may not listen to one or two notifications re ebay forger bluewonder143 but if we collectively bombard them about a listing then they might actually look into it a bit more.
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
andy66
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by andy66 »

Catweazle wrote: 05 Dec 2023 21:35
tojo562001 wrote: 05 Dec 2023 21:28

My guess is that such a large institution like eBay may not listen to one or two notifications re ebay forger bluewonder143 but if we collectively bombard them about a listing then they might actually look into it a bit more.
They could look into it forever, but but if they don't have someone specialized in stamps I don't know how they can take any action :D
Andy66
Friuli - Italy
blue-within-blue

Confirmed ; the criminal counterfeiter George Nassar has yet again changed an Ebay account name. New ID bluewonder143 replaces niftystamps111 (previously stampswunder, mightystamps000, collectables_stamps, oceaniastamps, oceanbluestamps, originally bottlejfb.
Capture - Nassar name change Dec 2023.JPG
This now seems to be a regular monthly event, the minimum Ebay permitted interval. Expect his other ID moomstamps-24 to change in about a week.

ROB

Keywords for Google : George Nassar , Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , counterfeits , fake overprints
blue-within-blue

Yet again, the scumbag counterfeiter George Nassar has changed an Ebay account name. His recent ID moomstamps-24 (previously sunstamps-24 , pgstamps , maximus321-6 and seela-64 ) is now renamed as new ID pioneerstamps :
Capture - Nassar namechange Jan 2023.JPG
All the usual fake overprints, fake OS perfins, modern laser-printed counterfeits of classic stamps, etc.

As before, his stamp listings show a false location of Queensland, but other listings (only visible on Ebay.com.AU) show his actual location of Revesby, NSW.

ROB

Keywords for Google : Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , counterfeits
blue-within-blue

The criminal counterfeiter George Nassar has yet again changed an Ebay account name. New ID mightystamps-1 replaces bluewonder143 (previously stampswunder , mightystamps000 , collectables_stamps , oceaniastamps , oceanbluestamps , originally bottlejfb).

All the usual fake overprints, fake OS perfins, modern laser-printed counterfeits of classic stamps, etc. Expect a similar change soon on his other selling ID pioneerstamps .
Capture - Nassar namechange 22 Jan 24.JPG
ROB

A Helmich

Post by A Helmich »

New ebay account for the Sydney forger.

moonman143
Sydney forger moonman143
Sydney forger moonman143
https://www.ebay.com.au/fdbk/feedback_profile/moonman143?fil ... &sort=TIME
Protect the Black Swan, hunt ducks.
Exposing forgeries.
A Helmich

Post by A Helmich »

And another one!

masterxroshi

This is an old account created in 2014.
Sydney forger masterxroshi
Sydney forger masterxroshi
https://www.ebay.com.au/fdbk/feedback_profile/masterxroshi?user_context=BUYER
Protect the Black Swan, hunt ducks.
Exposing forgeries.
PerfinGuy
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by PerfinGuy »

The new name is pebbelstamps aka Gobal-Stamps (looks like his spelling is as good as his forger skills - Sperati his is NOT! :lol: )

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=pebbelstamps&store_name=gobalstamps
Always happy to buy or exchange perfins (small lots, bulk lots, collections, covers - anything welcome!). PM me for details.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Well spotted.

This ebay forger gobal-stamps not only cannot spell, he does not have to brains to check that all monograms are quite centrally placed onto the sheet margin.

He has forged the CA in a different red onto blank selvedge and then hinged it only a normal 1d large OS.

ebay forger gobal-stamps crude mess shown here alongside a genuine Monogram.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314551739210
Capturegg.JPG
Capture.JPG
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

This forged CA monogram using his desk top laser printer is a mere $350 from ebay forger gobal-stamps -- printed fuzzily and crudely onto a lower marginal 2.5d Roo - again in the wrong colour -- only a moron would buy it so that leaves only a few million ebayers that qualify. :roll: :roll:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314830132043
Capture.JPG
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

The global-stamps "creation":

No need for a jubilee line, apparently:
Capturegg.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314551739210
Only one word:
GROAN!
/RogerE 🦉
norvic

Post by norvic »

Global Admin wrote: 11 Feb 2024 14:26 This forged CA monogram using his desk top laser printer is a mere $350 from ebay forger gobal-stamps -- printed fuzzily and crudely onto a lower marginal 2.5d Roo - again in the wrong colour -- only a moron would buy it so that leaves only a few million ebayers that qualify. :roll: :roll:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314830132043

Serious question: how do you print with a laser printer onto something so small without fixing it to an album page? The page being printed on has to move through the machine, rollers, moving print head... etc.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock see Modern GB Blog Also almost everything non-GB postal history & postcards I show here is for sale: DM for details.
Mystery Postcard Nos: 265, 290/1/3/4, 304, 310, 320/2/4/7/8, 331/7, 344/6, 353/8, 363/4
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Ian -- very simple really.
blue-within-blue

Publishing this information seems very unwise - it is a tutorial for any budding forger to imitate what Nassar is doing. I recommend deleting.

ROB
norvic

Post by norvic »

blue-within-blue wrote: 15 Feb 2024 21:48

Publishing this information seems very unwise - it is a tutorial for any budding forger to imitate what Nassar is doing. I recommend deleting.

ROB

Good point Rob, although if it gets to me in a DM I won't be disappointed.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock see Modern GB Blog Also almost everything non-GB postal history & postcards I show here is for sale: DM for details.
Mystery Postcard Nos: 265, 290/1/3/4, 304, 310, 320/2/4/7/8, 331/7, 344/6, 353/8, 363/4
blue-within-blue

The scumbag criminal counterfeiter George Nassar has yet again changed an Ebay account name. New ID collectablestamps_9 replaces mightystamps-1 (previously bluewonder143 , stampswunder , mightystamps000 , collectables_stamps , oceaniastamps , oceanbluestamps , originally bottlejfb).
Capture - Nassar name change 8 March 24.JPG
All the usual fake overprints, fake OS perfins, modern laser-printed counterfeits of classic stamps, etc. Expect a similar change soon on his other selling ID pioneerstamps .

ROB

Keywords for Google : Sydney stamp forger , scammer , fraud , forgeries , counterfeits
luke_coolhand

Post by luke_coolhand »

Moonman143 previously noted on this site. Also has China Year of the monkey and Long Tom OS overprint
IMG_0385.png
Collecting predecimal Australian Used Blocks.
tojo562001

Post by tojo562001 »

Queensland 1880 Half-penny on 1d Orange/Brown Surcharge Lightly used, SG 151

eBay item number:166643356208
masterxroshi.png
Last edited by Global Admin on 12 Mar 2024 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tidied up ugly and lazy and mangled mess originally here.
tojo562001

Post by tojo562001 »

And eBays reply to report of a forgery:
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

If you reported content that isn’t listed below, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

Your reference ID:
2-175149580461

Here are the listings you reported that are included in this decision:
Item: 166643356208 Queensland 1880 Half-penny on 1d Orange/Brown Surcharge Lightly used, SG 151

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

So listing forgeries on eBay is not a violation of eBay policy.
blue-within-blue

I've had multiple instances of the same message - both from the Artificial Stupidity bots and from alleged human operators. Even where the listings contained clear violations, such as a stamp described as a forgery in the seller's small print but not stated in the title & photo as required by Ebay's policy. My practice now is to copy those wrong responses back to a human in the Ebay customer services team, pointing out the errors. Perhaps if they get enough of those, it will prompt them to read their own policies before rejecting reports.

However, the problem with undisclosed forgeries has always been the same - as explained to me by a senior manager some years ago. Ebay can't normally make a judgement about counterfeit objects (of any kind) and have no way to verify the reporter's motives and knowledge. So even if you tell them you're the world expert on a particular stamp / handbag / artwork, etc , they will not act upon a report simply saying "This is a forgery". That's why spotting shill bidding, items being relisted when apparently "sold", etc is vital in attacking the scam sellers.

ROB
PerfinGuy

Post by PerfinGuy »

Unfortunately, people still fall victim of his forgeries. :(
Here is one he sold recently:
Screenshot 2024-03-25 184404.jpg
Always happy to buy or exchange perfins (small lots, bulk lots, collections, covers - anything welcome!). PM me for details.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

PerfinGuy - we MUST always have the ebay links in these threads please. :!: :!: :!:
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

tojo562001 wrote: 12 Mar 2024 22:15 And eBays reply to report of a forgery:
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

If you reported content that isn’t listed below, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

Your reference ID:
2-175149580461

Here are the listings you reported that are included in this decision:
Item: 166643356208 Queensland 1880 Half-penny on 1d Orange/Brown Surcharge Lightly used, SG 151

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

So listing forgeries on eBay is not a violation of eBay policy.
Note well = N.B. = Nota bene
(Remember when standard education made us familiar with scholarly Latin abbreviations‽)
This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.
Hmmm.
Another instance of Artificial Intelligence being used to save a real human from spending time and applying actual knowledge and judgement to the task submitted. :(

Evidently judgements about ethical compliance with announced policies is not something eBay's version of AI has been trained on, let alone being trained on the actual application of known technical details distinguishing fakes/forgeries of a particular stamp from genuine examples...

The response eBay anonymously gave to the task submitted is clearly unsatisfactory, but there is no transparency and no representative person clearly able and willing to follow up in an objectively satisfactory way. Think how satisfying it would be to have an ombudsperson (!) with authority to evaluate and act on the response given.

/RogerE 🦉
blue-within-blue

Whenever I get an AI response which is demonstrably wrong (as opposed to a matter of opinion), I forward it to the Customer Services e-mail address and tell them why it is wrong - and that their AI system is not correctly programmed to apply their published policy.

For example, where a seller has small print admitting that a stamp is counterfeit, but he somehow "forgot" to state that fact in his Ebay title and photo, as clearly required by Ebay's Stamps policy.

The address to use here in the UK is [email protected] . I presume there are similar addresses for other countries. I always get two automated replies - one telling me that this address isn't monitored, and another saying that they received it and are working on it. Typical Ebay inefficiency.

ROB
bathurst stamper

Post by bathurst stamper »

Here's two I noticed, both "mint" Sydney Views. The pair for under a grand!

The 1d, which looks like a cutout:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/395335832950

1d View.jpg

The 2d, which is a forgery, but I don't know by whom:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/395335825913

2d View.jpg

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”