Current accounts and scams of the Sydney Stamp forger on ebay

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

traralgon3844
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Current accounts and scams of the Sydney Stamp forger on ebay

Post by traralgon3844 »

Late 2021 Admin update -

There are now about 130 different ebay accounts this Sydney faker has used that we know about - some are still operating today. Most have been closed down.

Pass this list onto eBay - someone in there might have time to close the ones that slipped through the drag net somehow. The more that do it, the more chances a staffer SOMEWHERE will be bored and do their job.

https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms, that allow 100 characters etc. :twisted:

Rob got given this new link members can use to report him AND add images -

Here is the link to a form that Ebay gave me today for sending the envelope photos to the Trust & Safety team. It is a useful new tool to have, because as far as I know, there is no other way to send images when contacting either the Customer Services or Trust & Safety teams via the Ebay website :

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=GSS

The accompanying instructions said :

Please note the following requirements for attachments:

1. You can send your documents to us in the following file formats: *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, or *.pdf.
2. For security reasons, we do not accept any other formats or aggregated (compressed) or executable files.
3. The total size of the documents cannot be greater than 20 megabytes (MB).
4. A single file cannot be larger than 2 MB.
5. You must select a document type for all files that you send.

The 130 ebay fake handles involved we have noted - near all now de-registered are:

2_bob_idi0t, (ended up with 100 Negatives in a month 11/17 - cost ebay $100,000 in losses)
123456*abcd,
919knight,
a_l_77,
ablestrading000,
ace_collectables,
air_con_man,
andrewnco00,
andrebelto9,
antiques unlimited,
antiquesunlimited111_1,
artau-0qii7,
assa_jef,
auandr_pajgxdrkx, (Ripped off many $10,000s from Paypal selling goods he did now own, and vanished with monies)
aubria_us75no,
aujoh-4q99e7,
aussi_stamps,
aussiestampsales,
aw1940,
a-z_stamps,
azarbay*123,
baltantiq,
baxter_1960,
bexapunk101,
bonjoh7, (Ripped off about $80,000 from Paypal selling goods he did now own, and vanished with monies)
buhay_ko1,
byzantine2006,
century_stamps02,
civic_12345,
clonstamps,
coinsnstamps111,
collectables89,
cosmos121,
country_stamps,
darcey_stampchaser,
davidsstamps,
dawh-9130,
doyle_doyle,
el73_28,
evinty0,
everyday68,
express.stamps,
fantastic001jon,
fel3634,
fj...antiques02,
g.philatelics,
george0mighty,
gregbear_61,
howsthat2194,
idealstamps_1,
indepbrokers,
jobr-459,
jones-philatelics,
jupinks00,
kenfield999,`
la_4211,
la-lune-collectables,
lesmulhollan-0,
longjo5,
lunaheloui,
madtis60,
martaylo-58,
maylan11z2,
metrokaras,
modlink2002,
montigo09,
nealworth0,
nicburges3,
northgate14,
nsb13579,
nswstamps,
number1_stamp_dealer,
ocean-5002,
olivers-collection64,
omramtrading99,
ozstamptr-47 ,
ozstampcollect,
p.webster01,
perm209,
phar_lap,
philatel_12,
premiumequ-88,
prestige_stamps,
prestiges_tamps13,
rayahelou-0,
riz_878,
scott222_01,
skystamps1010,
sl_143_44,
southau_z95fzszy,
speedway88q,
stamp1.stamp2.stamp3,
stampbuyers,
stamptre_548,
stampomtrad,
starst35,
stampcentre,
stamp_37,
stamps_lovers101,
stamps143,
stamps181,
strampsdownunder,
stampcentre,
stampcollections,
stamp_archives,
starcollectables,
stamplover246,
stamps_fishing,
stamps_n_coins,
stamps_star_stamps,
stampsboard,
stampsglobal,
stampsuite,
stanley.gibbons.australia,
stars24680,
stowie02,
tin7778,
top_gun59,
topchoice001,
tryme22331,
Ts22167,
unistamps,
vtoledo20,
wishstamps135,
windsor_60_6,
worldstamps_29,
workercom,
wynstoninvest,

Total about 130 - from a QUICK check – and many more have slipped thru the gaps over the years.

A large group of collectors and dealers are now spotting when the new fake ID's pop up on ebay, discuss them informally via email, and posting the data on this thread here, and reporting them direct when it is agreed here, they are offering fakes.

In my view, these were all the one person at work pretty much. He has a criminal record, in a bankrupt, banned Company Director, and has served long jail sentences for other offences. This person is a fully trained and qualified medico, and one wonders what drives someone that smart, into this kind of petty fraud. :shock:

He knows enough about stamps to make more money selling legitimate things, but this all seems to be a giant game to him - "fleece the bunnies".

Most fakes mostly offered are Australian official perfins, and a wide range of fake cancels and overprints are also involved, including a few NZ issues.

EDIT 10/7/18: The ebay Sydney Stamp Forger is now operating as: biblica99 (changed to stampcentre on 18/10/18) and dawh-9130 and a few other identities.

This identity of the Sydney forger has been quiet lately, but rayahelou-0 is up to his old tricks.

rayahelou-0 currently has a set of the New Zealand 1906 Christchurch Exhibition stamps supposedly used on piece and cancelled at the exhibition. It is listed thus:

New Zealand 1906 Christchurch Exhibition set on piece, SUPERB

Item: 113059031946

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/113059031946

The cancels are obviously forged. This is how rayahelou-0 came into possession of the stamps. They weren't on piece and they weren't cancelled.

stamps_fishing has already had a chequered history on eBay.

This seller started out as ace_collectables and when things got a bit hot changed the name to stamps_fishing.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/stamps_fishing/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3692

Well things are hotting up again. :evil:

When still ace_collectables this happened. :shock:

On 11 Apr, 201012 ace_collectables sold an 1/4 KGV as below. (Private Auction as usual)

Beautifully Centred 1/4 Turquoise Single wmk MUH
Ended: 11 Apr, 201012:21:47 BST
Bid history: 8 bids
Winning bid: AU $145.95

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330421231774&category=6073

It was obviously sold to himself.

On 01 May, 2010 he sold it PERF OS as item number 330427664459

1/4 Torquoise Single wmk OS MUH, Nice stamp!!
Ended: 01 May, 201012:10:47 BST
Bid history: 13 bids
Winning bid: AU $153.35

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330427664459&category=6073

Definitely the same stamp, same red tinge through the stamp, same perfs and cetreing.

This forging the perf OS might bring to mind another seller or two recently mentioned on the board: unistamps and nsb13579.

Links to those threads......

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34464

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34570

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34487

The three accounts link together nicely with the items below.

This £1 Robes was sold by nsb13579 and shortly after by stamps_fishing. Item: 230735918680 & 230743558384

nsb13579 also sold this 5 shilling bridge, but it too made it's way over to stamps_fishing after he shut his other identities down. Apparently $850 wasn't enough for him.

Let's face it, no-one is going to spend $850 on stamp and take a punt on making a small profit by trying to re-sell it to the same audience on eBay. Chances are they will recognise the stamp and you will make a loss. Item: 2307395125722

Currently for sale at stamps_fishing Item: 330691487485

He sold this N.S.W. trio as unistamps and guess where it ended up? stamps_fishing.

Item: 260930758627

Item: 230751113433

Just like nsb13579 and unistamps, stamps_fishing also uses private auctions so you can't see who is bidding and try and work out if shill bidding is going on. Based on the repeat items above it is a fair bet there has been shill bidding going on.

Would you feel safe making bids on any of his current items?
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Something Fishy at "stamps_fishing" on eBay!

Post by Global Administrator »

Well spotted Traralgon. 

Well it seems our serial fakers have expanded from forging Australia and NWPI 'OS' perfins and overprints, to crude regumming.

No-one with a brain would be fooled by the 5/- Bridge, and I can see it is regummed from the FRONT, so gawd know what the reverse looks like. He has a bunch of regummed Roos as well right now.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-Green-1932-Harbour-Bridge-Super ... 3069148748

I understand a couple of members via relative’s accounts have snipe bids in, to secure several of these items, in order to pass them on to APTA/Police etc, then send back for refund.

This must be account number FIFTY these crooks have started – near all the others have been closed down forever, via member and APTA reports, so they just do not learn that ebay are not as dumb as they take them for.

Even the Bunnies on ebay are at last waking up that “Private” sellers of stamps in Australia means one thing – heaps of FAKES, FAKES, FAKES.

So their dodgy material is now often selling for less than, or as much as it costs them. BUT sadly dragging down the value of YOUR genuine copies in the process.

So ALL collectors should take 5 minutes to report these idiots to get them closed down once again. “People Power.”

These crooks ALWAYS set themselves up as “Private” as their shill bidding is harder to detect, but reporting obvious shill bidding to ebay, and linking them to the dozens of other closed accounts usually gets them closed down.

No other ebay Australia sellers except for these clowns use “Private” sales it seems, so talk about make yourself look obvious.

NEVER bid on ANYTHING on ebay when you can see from feedback, a vast string of “private” sales.

They have got totally desperate in recent times as Traralgon has shown, and are selling bodgy material under this resurrected fake handle now, that their other 2 recently exposed fake handles were offering in recent weeks, and shill bidding on.

Both those accounts they immediately hid all feedback for, so that the schmuks who bought fakes off them could not be contacted to seek refunds.

As can be seen “nsb13579” and “unistamps” have just locked up shop totally in panic, and totally hidden all feedback and buyers -

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nsb13579&ftab=AllFeedback

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=unistamps&ftab=AllFeedback

ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps and perfins and regums at - http://www.tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow 100 characters etc.

Report these current re-gums and point out this current handle is selling material that was offered in recent weeks by 2 of their other accounts - “nsb13579” and “unistamps”. i.e. all 3 accounts are the same seller – ALL selling fakes like crazy.

Selling regummed stamps at $100s more than their true worth breaches ebay's fake stamps policy. It is also FRAUD in the eyes of Police.

Ebay hate duplicate accounts and shill accounts, and can readily ID the matches via their software.

5 or 10 verified reports on any seller and they act.

Ebay ALSO have a "report auction" button on each current lot. To use in ADDITION to the link above.

If folks click that, forged stamps are one of the report options you see.

If enough ebay lots are reported by enough members, the seller will get a stern warning, lots cancelled, and/or yet another swag of banned accounts.

Let’s get those reports in please folks. 8)
worldstamps
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: Something Fishy with "stamps_fishing" on eBay!

Post by worldstamps »

Global Administrator wrote:
No other ebay Australia sellers except for these clowns use “Private” sales it seems, so talk about make yourself look obvious.

NEVER bid on ANYTHING on ebay when you can see from feedback, a vast string of “private” sales.

They have got totally desperate in recent times as Traralgon has shown, and are selling bodgy material under this resurrected fake handle now, that their other 2 recently exposed fake handles were offering in recent weeks, and shill bidding on.

Both those accounts they immediately hid all feedback for, so that the schmuks who bought fakes off them could not be contacted to seek refunds.

As can be seen “nsb13579” and “unistamps” have just locked up shop totally in panic, and totally hidden all feedback and buyers -

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nsb13579&ftab=AllFeedback

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=unistamps&ftab=AllFeedback

I just checked, and luckily “stamps_fishing” has not canceled any sales yet, or changed his feedback totally to “PRIVATE” yet, as the other fake connected handles “nsb13579” and “unistamps” did fast last week, so no buyer name is now visible as thus contactable.

So anyone contacting the list of recent buyers below, can offer them this thread link to read. And take action if they decide.

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34934

I bet if he gets hit up for a few $1000s in paypal refunds from past buyers, after he has spent the dough, he’ll get tired of offering fakes.

These are recent buyers below, if anyone wants to contact them, or knows their email address via their own sales/purchases.

There are pages more.

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&f ... &items=200

dazaroos

tigers-17

lanibeanie

rogerbrunt55o0

crowey46

am-win

barndust09

ridd881

kate.frog

ralbiko

cbazyx

am-win

barrajim

taxi61coins

collectorin2011

rwlow78

lgun9939

timjdexter

janpambula

l_a_wolf

stewart.herbert

crowey46

barra.22

its-hijacker

rats100

cjamn5

lgun9939

walterofcolne

etc
Clive
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by Clive »

Traralgon, worldstamps,

I'm one of the buyers listed above. I bought this 75c Cook plate 3 block of six, one stamp hinged, from this seller last month.
Price was $8.99. It's the first decimal plate block I've bought, so I know next-to-nothing about them, but this looks pretty kosher comparing it with the ACSC description.

Yes, feedback was private, although as I recall bidding wasn't.

Clive
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Clive, your block is fine. Just because the guy is an out and out crook does not mean that everything he sells is forged, I suppose.

Still, it is quite obvious that there is probably a single crooked seller, with multiple accounts (ebay's sophisticated matching software working well once again!), who is a serial forger of (especially) OS stamps. He doesn't stoop to reperfing and regumming either.

I hope to get a couple of these items myself. Will have real fun with PayPal and eBay then. The cheat got away with my money last time, but won't this time. I have all my ducks lined up now. :D
Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

This is one lot I will try for. The OS NSW perforations are forgeries.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Penny-Red-DIE-1-2-block-4-perfora ... 4cfebfa14a

Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Clive,

This seller sells many genuine items, but has always and wil always sell forgeries as well. A quick look through his past sales will also see a few forged OS Kingsford Smith as well.

The N.S.W. trio is genuine, but he shilled on it.

He is also prone to re-perfing. Take a look at this dog he sold recently, again MNH and in all likelihood a re-gum.

Item: 230743542570

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

traralgon3844 wrote:.

He is also prone to re-perfing. Take a look at this dog he sold recently, again MNH and in all likelihood a re-gum.
Crudely re-perfed, and even more crudely regummed - that is for certain.

Only on ebay would such a disaster get more than $200. :shock: :roll:

I'd offer $100 if shown to me today as a mint spacefiller --- I'd pay more money for a normal perf CTO than this ruined stamp.

Hopefully the Bunny buyer of this is in the list of ebayer handles posted above, and are in the process of being contacted by those here, to read this thread, so they can return it and get their money back.
rammyg3
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by rammyg3 »

Wow, thanks guys! I was just about to bid on a stamp of his, but something told me to do a search for his name! Here he appeared, I'm so glad I searched!

I refuse to bid on anyone who has lower than 99.9% unless the negative feedback was a mistake, I have noticed some sellers have a negative feedback but the buyer has written a really good report?

Keep it up! At least us newbies can get some guidance and steer clear of these nasty forgeries!
Ramona

Interested in Kangaroo, KGV and any Australian Pre-decimal stamps with old currency on them!
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

How very strange, all stamps_fishing auctions have suddenly gone private. :roll:
Last edited by PeterS on 27 Feb 2012 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Clive

Post by Clive »

PeterS wrote:How very strange, all stamps_fishing actions have suddenly gone private. :roll:
Yes, which gives rise for some concern that the eventual buyer of this unmounted mint 5/- Sydney Harbour Bridge may have a lemon on his or her hands.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330691487485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Fifteen bids, fourteen hours to go and it's already up to $410.

It could be genuine, but once the taint of dishonesty falls there's no coming back. :(

Clive
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

By the time the poor sap who buys it, realises it is regummed (probably when he tries to sell it) it will be all too late. Buy such an item from a reputable source and you may have some recourse.
Peter
Clive

Post by Clive »

Peter,

I mean, how many genuine unmounted mint five bob bridges would there be anyway?

This seller provides a weak scan, small in size and resolution, and as for the gummed side which, after all, is the key, provides no image whatsoever.

And it's a private sale. :shock: :o

That a dozen or so people are happy to bid on it upwards of $400 astonishes me.

Not saying the seller is bodgie. Just saying the bleeding obvious, that I wouldn't touch this, or any other purported UM five bob without a credible certificate. Or two. And certainly not from anyone whose name I didn't even know, or where they lived, or who hadn't been in business very long and/or wasn't well-known to me.

With apologies in advance to some, my warning antenna always goes off when dealing with people who operate under pseudonyms - if they're not game to disclose their real names, addresses and telephone numbers I don't want to do business with them.

Clive
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Clive Willingham wrote:Peter,

I mean, how many genuine unmounted mint five bob bridges would there be anyway?

This seller provides a weak scan, small in size and resolution, and as for the gummed side which, after all, is the key, provides no image whatsoever.

And it's a private sale. :shock: :o

That a dozen or so people are happy to bid on it upwards of $400 astonishes me.

Not saying the seller is bodgie. Just saying the bleeding obvious, that I wouldn't touch this, or any other purported UM five bob without a credible certificate. Or two. And certainly not from anyone whose name I didn't even know, or where they lived, or who hadn't been in business very long and/or wasn't well-known to me.

With apologies in advance to some, my warning antenna always goes off when dealing with people who operate under pseudonyms - if they're not game to disclose their real names, addresses and telephone numbers I don't want to do business with them.

Clive
Well, I am saying the seller is bodgie! He is a crook, a thief who preys on the ill-informed and greedy (who think they are getting something cheap!). He is a serial forger who floods the c0ollecting community with his fakes and his regums.

eBay has been warned repeatedly, but seems unable to stop him, unwilling more like! He has ripped off people for tens of thousands of dollars over the years.

Have a look at this thread, the second to last posting (by snaws, who knows a thing or two about WA stamps).

Same seller, same fraudulent behaviour. He is, quite simply, scum. If he ever used his real name I would be happy to give him mine and challenge him to bring an action for libel. I would truly enjoy the experience.
Peter
Clive

Post by Clive »

Peter,

On re-reading my post, the 'bodgie' reference was meant to be to the stamp.

As for the seller ....

Clive
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

:D
Peter
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

PeterS wrote:
Have a look at this thread, the second to last posting (by snaws, who knows a thing or two about WA stamps).
Just realised I left the link out! :oops:

Here it is: http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27923&start=322
Peter
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

The entry from snaws is worth posting here in full. I just took out the link to this thread.
snaws wrote:Browsing Ebay tonight I noticed this item from the thief stamps_fishing.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/W-A-1902-2-Red-Yellow-perf-OS-Superb-MUH-/230752357833

This stamp was never Punctured OS. It is forged and not correct anyway.

Hopefully anyone reading this will not bid on anything this maggot is selling.

Be Warned stamps_fishing is a thief.
PS: Tell us what you really think. :lol:
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Another lot currently for sale at stamps_fishing that has found its' way over from the forger nsb13579.

This 1 Shilling Lyre Imprint block was sold by nsb13579 on 24/1/12 for the princely sum of $63.56.

It was either crap quality and returned or there some shill bidding on the Shilling block going on. We will never know for sure because he hides his shill bidding behind private auctions.

Bid with confidence: NOT

alexproskurin
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by alexproskurin »

Greetings. Ive asked for a pic of the back of the 5/- Bridge.

HERE IT IS!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

It looks regummed on the reverse as well. WHAT a surprise. :twisted:

Hope those recent buyers from him that still how have been contacted to seek a refund before he makes them all totally PRIVATE, as he will the moment this round of Auctions are over. :idea:
alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

This was his reason --

Hi Alex, the reason I don't have a scan of the back because there is no faults to show but if you like to see then please forward me your email address and I will send you a scan of the back.

Regards
George

- stamps_fishing
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

traralgon3844 wrote:The entry from snaws is worth posting here in full. I just took out the link to this thread.
snaws wrote:Browsing Ebay tonight I noticed this item from the thief stamps_fishing.

Oh Dear!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/W-A-1902-2-Red-Yellow-perf-OS-Superb-MUH-/230752357833

This stamp was never Punctured OS. It is forged and not correct anyway.

Hopefully anyone reading this will not bid on anything this maggot is selling.

Be Warned stamps_fishing is a thief.
PS: Tell us what you really think. :lol:
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

O.K. Not only has this stamp maically aquired an O.S. perforation in the ensuing weeks, it has also magically become MNH after being sold as MH (Mint Hinged).

This confirms not only the forging of O.S. perfins but re-gumming.

Does anyone here feel confident on bidding on the 5 shilling bridge at any price.

The numskulls have bid that piece of toilet paper to $575.

Item: 230752357833

Clive

Post by Clive »

alexproskurin wrote:Greetings. Ive asked for a pic of the back of the 5/- Bridge.

HERE IT IS!

Traralgon wrote Does anyone here feel confident on bidding on the 5 shilling bridge at any price.

The numskulls have bid that piece of toilet paper to $575.
It sold for $805, thirty bids.

https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p ... 0691487485

Either one of the bargains of the year so far, or another little horror story waiting to be told.

Clive
Last edited by Clive on 27 Feb 2012 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Clive Willingham wrote: It sold for $805, thirty bids.

https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p ... 0691487485

Either one of the bargains of the year so far, or another little horror story waiting to be told.

Clive
I said this in my opening post:

"Let's face it, no-one is going to spend $850 on stamp and take a punt on making a small profit by trying to re-sell it to the same audience on eBay. Chances are they will recognise the stamp and you will make a loss."

It sold for $45 less than when he sold it under his other forging identity nsb13579. :lol: And there is no telling whether he shilled on it again because he hides his nefarious activities behind private auctions.

Item: 2307395125722

Clive

Post by Clive »

Traralgon,

Just assume, for the purpose of discussion, that all these suss and crook stamps have sold.

EBay is a breeding ground for spivs and sharks. Faking and trickery has proliferated like never before and will only get worse, much worse.

This stuff you are turning up is as blatant as it can get, yet the seller is still a seller and still sells. In one way, he is so blatant he stands out. It's the host of lesser, petty little tricksters that are debauching fair trading and eroding confidence.

I don't have an answer. Anyone?

Clive
alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

Siberia!!!!
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re-perfed by a blind nun with a hat pin, and regummed using a bottle of Clag or schoolkids paste it looks like. :twisted:

My buy price on this mangled wreck - $20 or $30.

Even the brain dead ebay buyers should be able to see this was a dog, from the photo?

This just sold for $282. My retail as light hinged with original perfs - HALF that.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p43 ... 0691494013

You can SEE the heavy re-perfing at right and base, and the gum globs on perf tips. All his buyers need to be warned to check this thread as many of his current Roo offerings are equally crude messes.
Clive

Post by Clive »

I can pick the regumming better than I can see the reperfing.

Still, the warning sign should be those letters 'MUH'. How many first watermark roos have original unmounted gum? I mean, you'd just about want a certificate, wouldn't you?

What's worse is that when the new ACSC comes out, presumably with significant price increases, the fakery and trickery will go into hyperdrive because of the increased gains to be made.

Until recently I used to think collecting used pretty-well made me safe from the spivs and tricksters. But in recent months we've seen forged CTO cancels on first watermark roos and much else.

Clive
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Clive Willingham wrote:Traralgon,

Just assume, for the purpose of discussion, that all these suss and crook stamps have sold.

EBay is a breeding ground for spivs and sharks. Faking and trickery has proliferated like never before and will only get worse, much worse.

This stuff you are turning up is as blatant as it can get, yet the seller is still a seller and still sells. In one way, he is so blatant he stands out. It's the host of lesser, petty little tricksters that are debauching fair trading and eroding confidence.

I don't have an answer. Anyone?

Clive
Dare I suggest that eBay needs to step up to the plate? They need proper matching software and a speedy and responsive reporting system for these fakers. That means that they will need to spend some money and will lose some revenue. Right now, all they are doing is losing reputation.

At some point, there is going to be an alignment of the planets and eBay is going to be sued for allowing known forgers to continue to sell on their platform. No amount of stating that the seller is responsible and eBay merely provides a marketplace will save them. Providing the evidence is there, which it is.

I have, personally, provided eBay with before and after images of some of these forgeries over the years. Not once have the listings been canceled, let alone anything done to the seller.

Unfortunately, it will require someone with deep pockets to take on eBay. I would like to see the ACCC do it myself, but they were not interested a couple of years ago.
Peter
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Another thought. Perhaps a comprehensive expose in the press, stamp and otherwise, with lots of images and details? Wouldn't it be nice to see some outfit like A Current Affair banging on a certain person's door? :D
Peter
fossick
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by fossick »

Peter

I am sure that given the evidence of how many thousands of dollars these creeps have gouged out of your average john citizen with attendant examples and expert advice, a show like A Current Affair will probably jump at the chance to do a segment.

Of course there would need to be a Balanced argument presented minus bias and name calling such as referring to people as ebay bunnies etc used in order to present a thoughtful and logicallly balanced viewpoint from a philatelic perspective used.

All too often I have observed logically balanced argument destroyed by holier than thow rants, and this does not help.

John G
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

John, I don't think the words "balanced reporting" can be used in the context of those current affairs shows, can they? I must admit, I don't watch them and they might have changed their ways in the many years since I did (they all started to seem like spoofs on Frontline). :D
Peter
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

blue-lazer wrote:
Is ebay seller Stamps_fishing another alias of nsb13579 and Unistamps???

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/stamps_fishing
Yes it is clear that -

stamps_fishing, nsb13579, unistamps are one and the same account.

Each are shill bidding on, and often re-selling, each other's forged and/or regummed lots etc, when the prices do not get high enough.

All that breaks so many ebay rules I have lost track.

All run "Private" auctions, that only the biggest BUNNY would ever bid on re stamps, and the latter 2 have now gone to 100% Private FEEDBACK even, so you cannot even see recent bidder IDs in feedback.

Get those reports in to ebay - 10 or 20 of them, and the 3 accounts hopefully are all wiped, saving real collectors and sellers having their legitimate stamps devalued by these fakers.

ebay now have set up a portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps and forged perfins and regumming at - http://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added - like their linked accounts, also selling fakes.

Also every active lot has a "Report Item" tab that you can click on as well. Do both and hopefully the TRIFECTA will occur and all 3 are wiped forever joining the other 50 accounts ebay have banned of these forgers.
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

He is trying to hide his forgeries now by cancelling auctions.

This lot was ended early by stamps_fishing.

Item Number: 230752799961

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid ... 0752799961

Note the bid cancellation.

This lot started life as part of this lot. And it was not perforated OS. :shock:

Item: 220921577562

To help confirm the three named identities are the one and the same take aa look at this lot that was sold by nsb13579. It came from the original lot of non OS stamps above.

Clive

Post by Clive »

Traralgon,

Just a word of admiration and appreciation - you are doing absolutely terrific work with these.

But tell you what, it is mighty scary. This three-in-one bloke is running wild and getting away virtually scot-free. I shudder to think of the damage he has done and is doing to our collecting community.

Clive
erich
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Re: Something Fishy with "stamps_fishing" on eBay! FORGERIES

Post by erich »

People have been doing this for years: http://www.scads.org/alterations/schuylerac.htm

It has amazed me the whole time that the sellers think folks are too stupid to notice that the same stamps are being resold.
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

They only need to be just a little bit brighter than the bunnies, which isn't hard! :evil:
Peter
dylan123

Post by dylan123 »

Global Administrator wrote:
Re-perfed by a blind nun with a hat pin, and regummed using a bottle of Clag or schoolkids paste it looks like. :twisted:

My buy price on this mangled wreck - $20 or $30.

Even the brain dead ebay buyers should be able to see this was a dog, from the photo?

This just sold for $282. My retail as light hinged with original perfs - HALF that.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p43 ... 0691494013

You can SEE the heavy re-perfing at right and base, and the gum globs on perf tips. All his buyers need to be warned to check this thread as many of his current Roo offerings are equally crude messes.
Wow the guy really did a number on this. The perfs are all out of allignment and spaced unevenly. One would think that they would at least try and do a half decent job of it, at least it is easily spotted though.

I sometimes see regummed stamps at auction house websites on offer but they list them as such. Was this considered a ligitimate thing to do at some stage or just people trying to make MUH from MH ?
erich

Post by erich »

dylan123 wrote: I sometimes see regummed stamps at auction house websites on offer but they list them as such. Was this considered a ligitimate thing to do at some stage or just people trying to make MUH from MH ?
I don't think it was ever a legitimate practice. Most RG stamps are either No Gum, or heavily hinged (and then soaked to NG) before the "stamp doctors" get them. Sometimes the regumming is done to hide a thin or other paper problem.
OZFISH
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by OZFISH »

Hi guys

I don't post here very often and I tend to be a bit of a devil's advocate when I do. So no harm is meant by this to anyone but I thought I would put in my few cents worth.

I can see that the 4d orange has misaligned perfs which looks reperfed. Seems suspect. I have to admit I am no stamp expert so please feel free to enlighten me :)

I just saw some stamp photos in Glen's newsletter / website. http://www.glenstephens.com/snjuly05.html

Looking at the 2d Roo with the 249 cancel, the top perfs on the stamp or seriously misaligned. The 1/- roo further up is also misaligned along the top but no where near as obvious as is the 2/- roo on the right side which is to the right of the 2d roo. I am not sure if these are Glen's stamps or just pics of other stamps and I am just using them as an example as it was my easiest resource. I also have several 4d used roos with similar misalignments.

By no means and I suggesting that the 4d roo stamp is or is not re-perfed etc but does this mean the used stamps above and many of the random used roos I have are all reperfed?

It would also seem that this used 4d http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1913-AUSTRALIA-4d-Orange-Roo-Kang ... 336e3bec83 or this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1913-Australia-4d-Orange-Roo-Kang ... 336d5218d2 and many others on ebay as well as most of the 4d ones in the latest status international auction are reperfs as well or was it simply an issue with how the perfs were done on some of these stamps 100 years ago?

Look forward to some education on this so I know what to look out for. I am no expert and I am in no way supporting anyone, just puting a different spin on things so I can learn more.

Cheers.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

OZFISH wrote:
Look forward to some education on this so I know what to look out for. I am no expert ...
I agree.

The 2 x ebay lots you reference show perfectly normal 4d Roos.

If you think these 3 are re-perfed you really do need some educating!
They belong to a member here, and I suspect a dozen others would gladly pay him twice or thrice what he paid. And I'll bet the house even at 5 times he'd not sell. :mrgreen:

Why? As they are about the best postally used copies of each you will ever see. If you see re-perfs there, and re-perfs on the used 4d ebay lots - keep on learning, as you have a very long journey ahead. 8)

Spotting re-perfs is an acquired science, in my case gained from handling 10,000s of Roos in over 30 years dealing. Each watermark usually has very different characteristics, that you learn from handling lots of them.

The 1913 series had very variable sizes, so unusually "large" or Jumbo copies are often seen. And smaller than usual ones.

The 1913 First Watermark issue used an unusually strong, long fibred paper - used on no other stamps. It was VERY hard to tear even 2 stamps apart, and not lose a perf or three. Try tearing apart a pair of ½d or 1d Roos carefully today, and you will STILL mess them up in 99% of cases.

The 2d Grey above has a fractionally short NE corner due to that, but take a look at any "Specimen" 1913 Roo set and I defy you to find a set with good perfs and centering - and they were packaged and selected specifically for the collector market! I've seen them with totally missing corners. Issued thus.

To a novice with a suspicious nose this 1913 £2 below probably looks suss .. and re-perfed along base etc, but it is as issued, in every way. Only a great deal of experience tells me that. (The stamp has never been mine.)

2 weeks wages for a working man, and this is the BEST copy the collector selected from the sheet. :roll:

Anyway, back to the topic please, which are the forgeries our faker "stamps_fishing" is offering right now. An interesting user name when you think on it OZFISH. :idea:
OZFISH

Post by OZFISH »

Hi Glen

I thought I was on topic as the post refers to things being fishy? and the reperfs definately were mentioned several times in the post.

I am not suggesting for a minute that any of the stamps mentioned are reperfed. I am just making an observation that the perfs on them are uneven and out of alignment in a very similar way to the 4d sold by stamp_fishing and was wondering how a novice like me could be better educated to know what to look out for.

I struggle to tell the difference between a white and cream paper navigator let alone a reperf or regum and when a reperf looks so similar to a non reperf what hope do I have.

If anything I would expect someone who does a reperf would probably try to make the stamp as perfect as possible rather than making it obviosly misaligned. It would be like making a fake $100 note and printing it in the wrong colour.

The perf OS stamps are very obviously fakes as shown by some nice research by forum members. Well done! I would guess that the OS roos may also be in the same boat. Its a shame that anyone is allowed to sell these items and get away with it and reduce the publics confidence in stamp collecting.

Try doing this with the fake $100 notes and see where you end up. Thats not at all what us collectors need and it can only hurt the hobby as a whole.

Unfortunately as this forum recently discovered, even some registered stamp dealers with previously good reputations and well respected in the stamp community have been caught out knowingly selling fake OS stamps. Well done again guys.

The sooner this is stopped the safer my collection and others will be.

And yes, OZFISH is an interesting name. Surely you are not implying anything by this. I asure you that any assumed similarity or use of the word "fish" between my nickname and stamps_fishing is purely co-incidental.

For the last 20 years I have been a fish breeder (as a hobby mostly) breeding Discus and Salt Water fish. I have used the name ozfish for many years and long long before the name stamp_fishing ever came to be.

This website http://www.mass.asn.au/mass/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=29 where my 10foot x 2.5 foot by 2 foot salt water tank was the March feature tank of 2007 would prove that as I am sure would thousands of posts on various aquarium websites would over many years.

Being a fish enthusiast and living in Australia lends itself well to the name ozfish. Yes off topic but it is important to clarify this to ensure everyone knows I have no reason to either support or levy against anyone here.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

OZFISH wrote: Its a shame that anyone is allowed to sell these items and get away with it and reduce the publics confidence in stamp collecting.
We all agree with that, and one hopes you and others have reported it all to ebay?

That way they once again will be wiped.

Once again let's get back to the topic of the fakes these yo yos are peddling lately.

=========

ebay now have set up a portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps and forged perfins and regumming at - http://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added - like their linked accounts, also selling fakes.

Also every active lot has a "Report Item" tab that you can click on as well. Do both and hopefully the TRIFECTA will occur and all 3 are wiped forever joining the other 50 accounts ebay have banned of these forgers.

==============
ddaann
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by ddaann »

I do agree with OZFISH, reperfs can be really tricky. It would be nice to see a tutorial for how to tell reperfs and regums from non-repaired stamps.

Sometimes as shown earlier, a regum is sloppily done and one can spot the glue at the perf endings. But sometimes it's not so obvious. Likewise, sometimes a reperf job is easily spotted but sometimes not. It's dangerous territory.
I am "ddaannv" on ebay, Dan at Dan's Stamps on HipStamp, and an APS member 86690 since 1976. Currently listing some British colonies, Disney, birds on stamps, and world-wide souvenir sheets including some on cover.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

If I type one more time we will return to the topic, the person making me waste time doing that AGAIN will sincerely wish they did not. :idea:
traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Back on topic.

More evidence of shill bidding annd tying the three accounts together.

On the 7th of December, 2011, unistamps sold this lot: item number 260905876418

1963 5d Green QE II Definitive 2 x blocks of 18 in EXCELLENT CONDITION MUH

Item:260905876418

Just recently stamps_fishing sold the same lot as item number: 330691472174

Note thee 3 dots in the lower selvege off the part imperf block.

GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!

Post by GUTTERS »

The top right side perforations on the top group match also just to add fuel to the fire.
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

It looks like he hasn't even bothered to create a new image, just used the previous one.
Peter

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”